Monday, September 12, 2011

We love you.. Baarrrnnneyyy!!

I know there are quite a few members out there that remembers the big purple dinosaur from back in the day that would tell us that we all should use our imaginations and everyone talked so slow as to be talking to someone who couldn't understand the english lingo as is. The kids on the show were abnormally well-mannered and the songs were so cheesy but one thing we won't forget is it goes a little something like this:

"I love you..
You love me...
We're a happy fa-mi-ly..
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you...
Want you say you love me too."

Uuuuugghhhh.... If only I could shoot that dinosaur in that big purple ass of his. I tell you!! I don't know if it's like a major life set-up on purpose or if some people just really make mistakes and take the wrong paths. I believe I'm moreso disappointed in the fact that I was using my imagination but my imagination didn't take me to the places that I was imagining. Barney's fat ass told me I could be anything that I wanted to be. He also told me I could go anywhere I wanted to go. Well damn you Barney! Because you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about!!  His ass didn't tell me that it would cost money, it would be hardwork and you will meet alot of other assholes (besides him) along the way. Where are the learning tv channels for the teenage years or the adult years when you realize that Big Bird and Elmo's asses are some fuckin retards and Oscar the Grouch was really mad for a damn reason: "ahh-hah, now we all understand why." It was all a set-up.

My son is going down his childhood career paths as we speak. I must say, so far, he has a rather interesting and amazing resume. The most normal of them all is he wants to be a police officer along with asking me how can he get into the tv. LOL!! His words, "when I grow up, my name gonna be Lebron James", in other words, he wants to be a basketball player, along with his passion and love for anything with wheels which could take him a plenty of places. The only thing holding him back from this is the fact he can't put a name to any of car-maker people, BUT, you know what... it doesn't even matter, I will support. LOL!!

I like the kid's shows now. They actually teach you how to function in society, the real world: use your magic words, "thank you", "excuse me", and so on, eat your vegetables, how to control your anger. If it wasn't for my daughter's addiction to Nick, Jr., of course I would know nothing about these little fruit-fruit cartoons. One thing about these particular shows, they don't send our children on a wild goose chase behind far fetched imaginative dreams. No one stopped to think about how effective these little characters were and how effective they are now. I do miss "Reading Rainbow", though. It really kicked up the kid's noggins in gear to actually read a book. Well it did for me anyway but I know that would be impossible now. So we'll just stick to Yo Gabba Gabba, Ni-Hao Kai Lin (<---did I spell that right?), Dora and Olivia. Max and Ruby really jerks my nerves because no one in this world has that much damn patience. I would have kicked Max's ass in the first episode. And where the hell is the damn momma?!! But anywho, that's all besides the point.

Now let's take a trip down Reality Ln., Hell's hwy, and sharp turns around WTF Ave. Being a mother, let's try to use uplifting and insightful words when explaining to our kids that the dreams they have are realistic but not really. Any suggestions? Let's tell our babies that "Illuminati is taking over sweetie and I don't think God would appreciate you selling your soul to the devil for money." LMAO!! No really. How do we tell them, "Stink (if you don't know by now, this is what I call my son) I'm not sure that I will have the money to send you to UTI Auto Technical School. Stink, I'm not even sure I will be able to afford you a car because this piss poor job I have actually have more than enough funds to give me a raise but they need the extra money more than I do so that they can go ahead and pay off their kids college tuition and buy them Mercedes Beinz and shit." BUT... of course there is a BUT... "Stink, you better get them damn grades up so that you can play basketball and not get kicked off the team." (realistically thinking) Free training and nothing extra I have to pay for. The scouts come to him and all he has to do is show love and passion for something he actually really likes... oh yeah, and be good at it. But! come on mothers... let's not knock the dreams all together. I came up with a plan. A plan that might actually subside the urgency for these dreams to come true. I'll record a video of my baby and post that shit on YouTube! Who the hell are we kidding, lmao!! There you go... you on tv now. How about, I'll send him to the high school with an auto program (and yes my little town has one) and get him kicked "into high gear" (get it?.. lol) with that. How about those alternatives. Believe me, I've came up with a shit load of other broke-mommy blues and how NOT to kill the child's dreams all at once. Hey, who knows, we just might make some progress out of this and really get somewhere. All they really need is a foot in the door.

At the end of the day, it's really our jobs to proceed with the upbringing of our kids. It's not Barney's bitch ass or DJ Lance Rock or Blue's Clues.. it's ours. Would be nice if the TV could really raise your child LOL!! Give us mommies a break every now and again. Tv and music has a hell of a lot of influence on how the youth today is living their life or how they would like to live their life which is really unaffordable and not realistic what so ever. And it has been since everyone was able to see that the grass could possibly be greener on the other side. Some found out out that once you got up close on it, it became sage or maybe minty green or even turquoise, but it damn sure wasn't green. I love my life! Don't get me wrong. I love every struggle I've made it through, every dumb ass I have had the pleasure of encountering, every inconsiderate bastard that has broken my heart, I've learned to recognize my blessings and I am a strong woman mentally, emotionally and physically because of these 28 years. But, I really did have my mind sot on that pretty picture that was painted by Bob Ross. Everyone knows Bob, he was the white man with the afro LOL!! Any child could put their minds to unimaginable alptitudes, but I don't want to give off the sense that this shit is easy or you could just buy you  a plane ticket to California and you'll be famous within a week.

My son is all over the place!! with much and many talents, I might add. What's a mother to do? I take the initiative to make him understand that nothing is given to you and everything takes hard work and effort and needless to say, a damn job. He understands but he doesn't because he has an asshole in the midst that teaches him otherwise. I'm a give-it-to-you-straight kinda person. That includes strangers, family, friends, and why should I leave out my kids? They are people too. I don't set my babies up for disappointments and I don't paint pretty visions of what it SHOULD be like, because it's not like that. Then, 9 times out of 10, they will cop an attitude because it's not what they wanted or expected or throw a temper tantrum and then I have to whoops some kids asses because of a lie I shot to them trying to make it easier on me. It's my fault if I don't just give it to them straight. Don't expect any surprises from me. Giving them what they want in "imagination" and not reality, they later on (in life) find out that Barney is a fucking liar after all (or me)... the same way I did.

If I knew the ropes to get my baby where he wants to be (in the TV) then I sure as hell would. Lord knows it's a lot of lacking talent that floats across the tube nowadays. But for some reason, here in this day and age, unless you know somebody that knows somebody or you've joined the cult of the Illuminati clan, you are pretty much put in your place. Hopefully, one day, I can be the mother of the son that's getting compared to Lebron James. And I'm just dying to see what my daughters childhood resume is going to start out like. But in the meantime, keep dreaming the dream and send Barney's ass straight to hell.

Blog on Bloggers....

No comments: