Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sex Education

It's all fun and games when it comes down to having sex: how good it is, what it looks like, feels like, taste like, how big/small it is, the experimentations, consequences, emotions and whatnot. But what happens when it is now time to invite another person into your conversations about this activity? No, I don't mean inviting another party into your bedroom. Shit! That's way easier than the focal point of this post. What I mean is, when your child(ren) starts to become curious. Let's give a range of ages here. Let's start between 5 years to 10. And believe me when I say, they are starting out younger and younger every year it seems.


So,with the given numbers, 5-10 year olds, what is a good age to introduce your child to the subject of sex? How do you explain to your child where babies come from? How do you begin to explain what STD's are? Do you show props? Within that conversation, is it necessary to talk about the minors of the matter: how your dick gets hard, horney sensations, wetness of the pussy, different positions... Sounds horrible and disgusting, doesn't it, when thinking about explaining this to someone so young? What happens when you find your child humping or as we use to call it, doing the "oochie-coochie"? Think you're too late? Do you whoop their ass and place them on punishment? If so, what are your reasons? Were we not all put here to procreate? Homosexuality, bisexuality, transgenders and the whole nine? Why are we instilling in our children that sex is such a horrible act? And since we don't want them to have sex, what age do we allow it because nowadays, waiting for marriage is like waiting for a pussy to get wet by itself LOL!!!... ok ok all jokes aside. Back to the serious face o_0

Most parents spend the early portion of their children's life trying to steer them away from everything that's "rated sex". Are we all ashamed of our own actions? Embaressed, maybe? Because, of course, everybody who has kids are fucking or have fucked? Right?! lol! Between easy access to the internet, music videos, cell phones, finding mom and dad's flicks and/or sex toys... just face the fact, we can't keep this undercover forever. The way I've seen it, within my 28 years, disasters happen when people are ignorant and naive to "life". Teen pregnancies. STD's. I read somewhere that a couple had been trying for years to have kids and found out they had been "doing it" in the wrong hole. LMAO!!!... so not funny. But really?! Who does that? We definitely do not want our kids to think that porno is "sex education". This can have your baby in touch with their kinky side far too soon. And with the information that lil' Johnny has just received from PinkyXXX 101, where does he run to with it? As a mother, I have learned that children that has learned something new, just have to share it with the world and most definitely apply it to good use. Especially if they feel that it's some interesting shit. So... Parents, the last thing we need for lil' Johnny to be doing is grabbing the face of one of his classmates and trying to make her suck on his little weener because this is what he saw in the movie. My personal opinion, I love Pinky's ass (the medium size.. before she got all huge) BUT I would feel some type of way about having her school my kids on sex. Technically, that is what's happening here. When your job isn't being done, as the parent/provider, they seek information from elsewhere. And in this case, they went to Pinky. How's that for some Parenting 101?

When your 3 year old is running around the house with your vibrator, pretending it's a sword or when your 7 year old is caught attempting to do the "oochie coochie" with another child, what then becomes the procedure to handle these circumstances without spazzing out? Is severe disciplining really the correct way to handle the situation? An ass whooping isn't always the cure-all, y'know? Do you feel as if you have failed as a parent because you didn't hide your toys in a more secluded place? OR have you failed because you didn't take out the time to have that talk sooner? Face it, ignoring it and avoiding it is not an option.

Kids get into shit. ALWAYS! My son told me he learned what sex was by looking at the movie "Baby Boy". I don't think you processed that right, lol... "Baby Boy"! And when I say that the sex scene in this movie was rather intense and Tyrese really laid it down.... OMG!! So off subject... and by the way parents, making them close their eyes during a sex scene doesn't work either. No matter what, their little sneaky asses are going to sneak and look at that scene at a later date. When you're in the kitchen cooking, washing clothes, cleaning, doing something with your other child. Maybe you laid down for a quick nap. You get the point. Either way, what difference does it make? You can't pass judgement on the napper because there has been far too many incidents where parents shun sex and try to keep their kids locked in the home and not allowed to do anything. They think being strict works and then somebody ends up preggo. Usually the Preacher's kid (no offense). But this proves my point that children, in general, are sneaky as hell!

I refuse to spend my life tip-toeing around a subject that is already splattered everywhere, even the smallest of crevices. Hell! They are starting to show asses on regular TV now. "Ass" is no longer indecent exposure. Not to mention, cartoon people have boobs. smh. The little inside jokes these cartoonist think no one will catch on to. Spongebob? is a good one. The movie Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaur's is loaded with anticdotes to send an imagination running sex-crazed and wanting to have babies and shit. I refuse spending my life tip-toeing around a subject I'm so good at and could possibly make me a well known person. LOL! (and there goes my imagination running wild)


Children should feel comfortable with knowing what's going on around them and not be afraid to ask questions when it comes down to the sensitive subjects. Whether you applied for the position or not, it's our job to answer to them no matter what age. There is no more sex ed. in the schools. Our children are now limited to Health classes that only give explanations of what the reproductive organs are, what the insides look like and how a menstral cycle works. They talk about STD's along with the fact they're transmitted through sex, but, this is based off the assumption that the child already knows what sex is. By this time, graduation will be approaching soon and they may already know everything there is to know through experience. Well, I did anyway.

As confusing as life is, let's not make the simple shit more complex than it has to be. I can understand how confusing and strange it is to begin getting these urges and not knowing where they are coming from, or going. Yes. as early as 6 and 7 or 10. Not knowing how to put on a pad. Hell! not knowing what a period is! I've seen this (wasn't me). Ladies, imagine seeing a dick for the first time. Those memories aren't always grand. Guys, imagine opening up a pussy for the first time. Devastating *hangs head* Just imagine the frustration a child can endure due to the fact that there is something plaguing their minds or they fell into some shit they never knew anything about because the parents were too coward to be straight up with them. The child is too apprehensive to even begin to speak up on what has their little noodles in a tangle. If SEX is that gross, disgusting or embaressing, then obviously, you don't need to be doing it either. Sex doesn't come with a manual, directions, lifetime warranty or anything. Use your common sense to save yourself from some extra headaches like raising another child or having to counsel your child through an STD. I want my children to be able to share any and everything with me. Imagine being in the dark, blind to what you know is happening and you, as the parent, are afraid to approach it. The jokes on you boo, not your child. The End.

So until next time bloggers... let's see how this talk goes

6 comments:

Jay said...

Great post Candi!

You posed some really good questions and made some excellent points that parents should ponder on.

Children are learning and being exposed to sex at much younger ages when compared to previous generations. As a result, parents need to alter how they approach the sex talk with their children and they may need to prepare to have that talk sooner than they may have expected.

I honestly believe this is a subject that can be discussed at length. I know I'm not a parent, but I would like to examine how parents can prepare and approach educating their children about sex. If you're up for it, we can discuss this on the podcast. Let me know if you would be interested in having a discussion about this. Thanks!

Candi said...

I'm trying to come up with some new ideas myself J. My aunt told me to get some books. They actually have kiddie books about sex?! Unbelievable!

Now the word lingers in my mind stuck to a 7 yr old, everything with the word sex in it is in bold print. Songs, tv, movies, everything. I absolutely loved the song Sex Room by Ludacris. I heard it today and my stomach went in a frenzy. I use to blast this shit in the car. Me and my kids LOL!! It's scarey because you want to make sure they understand and at the same time, you don't want to scare their asses to death. And you don't want to tell too too much. It's hard trying to balance it because, really, he is still too young for certain things.

There should be a process as to how you school them. Sort of like chapters in a book. I have yet to figure it out. But that's my project this week lol. So.. sure we can "podcast it out" about this. I'll try my best. I'm still learning how to tackle it myself.

Jay said...

It sounds like you are making a conscious effort to prepare your son...and yourself for the big talk. I can't even imagine how 'awkward' it must feel preparing to have that talk with you son at such a young age. It's wild!

Yeah! I'm looking forward to our discussion. Email me and let me know what your availability is. Thanks!

Candi said...

Awkward is not the word LOL!!! But I just feel there is no point in having the talk after the fact of a mistake already taken place. I wouldn't want regrets looking back on this time thinking, "damn, I should have done more."

Sure thing! I'll hit you up some time today

phone sex said...

Wow that’s great and I also having same expectation.

Candi said...

@PS, thanks! and thanks for commenting. You have small children too?