I hate hardcore days! Days where you have limited access to shit due to the fact you may lack the essential resources to get them done. If you are having a hard time interpreting, I'll give you a few examples: no money, no car, don't have your own home, etc. Hope that's a pretty picture for you and also the fact that, everybody needs a little help every now and again. No matter what you think or believe, nothing ever happens in this world by one person, alone.
Now.. let's jump on the subject of the helping hand verses the $0.02. When it gets down to crunch time, or maybe when you feel like you have hit rock bottom, you lose your pride to an extent. Not enough to get on your knees and beg, but just enough for you to open your mouth and ask someone else for a little bit of help. Of course, if it concerns my babies, I have no problem with begging on my knees if need be but most of the time I just rather walk through hell and hope that a cup of ice last me on my journey. I think a lot of people have a hard time differentiating the two. There is in fact a difference between being a help and just giving your 2 cents on a question being asked. Once again, I'll try to generalize these examples. But let it be known that everything I write about is either about me or some shit I have seen. Most of the time, we talk about me.
First focus... your 2 cents/$0.02, whatever. It's all the same thing. If I come to you and I give you a scenario of some shit I need to figure out... some shit that has to get done. Honestly, if you could, I would expect for you to jump in somewhere and say, "hey, well if you need this part, then I can help you with that." Noooo, instead you give me other alternatives of how to handle my situation. Probably alternatives that I have already been through in my thought process. But it's not like you are going over the process of elimination with me to see if I have conquered all avenues. You are for sure that you know exactly what you are talking about, like you are in my shoes and tells me what I should have done or what answers you know (for fact!!) that I would have gotten from someone else. Let me try to give you an example... I say to a friend, "well, Bless birthday party is tomorrow and I have to finish up this shopping, but I have no idea how the hell I'm going to get all this shit done when I have to ... blah blah blah blah....." The friend, "well what you should do is just go ask so and so to give you their car and then tell so and so to meet you at this place. That way, you won't have to be blah blah blah blah blah...". Really? Are you serious?! So you mean to tell me that you already talked to so and so, and know (for fact) that they are going to do all this shit that you are telling me to tell them to do? I don't get it. I didn't ask for advice on the situation. In other words, I didn't ask for your $0.02. But you damn sure offers it at the time that I definitely do not need it.
Second focus.. the helping hand. Not really much to elaborate on here. True helping hands usually consist of lots and lots of common sense because they already know what their purpose serves if they are called out the blue by someone. And let me also be clear about some realistic reality shit. Normally... when people call out the blue to, what seems like, "vent".. it's really to ask you for some help. But only in so many words in hopes of not getting let down because of the adventure they have already been on prior to your phone call. Now that's just common sense. Anywho... helping hand jumps right in. You really don't even need to ask anything. They already have the solution. The solution never started out with you telling your full drawn out story about how many times you were already given an excuse of why the others couldn't help either. Helping hand doesn't need to know. Helping hand wants to know what you want and how they can be of service. And if they can't be of service, helping hand actually provides manual helping hands. They will stick their neck out for you probably further than you have already stuck your own neck out. And on top of that, it really doesn't even have to be that serious. Making a phone call for you or actually looking for another alternative with you to help solve your problem is more than enough. Now that's what I call a helping hand! Not a selfish bone in their body and they realize that they don't have to fake dumb blonde moments/beat around the bush with you just to hear or try to make you ask what you really didn't want to in the first place. They empathize with you, already know what you are going through. They put themselves in your shoes. Helping hand gots a plan!
Tell me people.. are you a helping hand or are you a $0.02 provider. It's clear to me where the whole ebonic definition of the $0.02 slang came from. It doesn't pay for shit. Exactly! Please tell me what the fuck you can buy for 2 cents. Nowadays in the grocery stores or wherever you are shopping, it doesn't even take care of the taxes. Viewing from a day to day living standpoint. So now we see how much of your advice or 2 cents is really worth. Your 2 cents is only needed when I'm here to talk about my problems. Your 2 cents is only needed when I write these blogs and I request for your 2 cents back because it really means a lot to write about shit that people acually go through or want to read about to know that they are not alone. As a matter of fact, I thought that they were eliminating the usage of pennies anyway? Ok now somebody can voice their 2 cents on this matter and tell me who came up with this lie. If I could receive that 2 cents every time someone opened their mouth to give it, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this in my blog. We would be talking about how I love when people give me their 2 cents and how I became filthy fucking rich off of it.
So at the end of the day, when all is said and done and you found out that whatever help I needed wasn't provided... don't take it upon yourself to tell me what I should have done or what I could have done or even what YOU would have done. Guess what? Who gives a fuck? It serves no purpose. It doesn't matter anymore because when I was scrounging around for help, your 2 cents wasn't there in the beginning to tell me what I'm doing wrong and the right way that it should have been done. Which, let me remind you, still don't mean a damn thing. Honestly, I would just rather for you to sit in silence. I would rather hear your response of, "umph.", "damn! that's fucked up", or even "well, what you gonna do." The usual responses when you're gossiping about some juicy shit over the phone. These responses right here let's me know, first hand, that after I finish telling you whatever I'm going to tell you, then it's time to hang up because you've made it clear that you can't do shit for me anyway. And that's ok. No need to waste my time when I could be calling the next person to vent that might actually jump in and say, "yea, I can help." If all you are going to do is listen and you know there isn't shit that you can do for me anyway, then why add on to the responses that were so perfect as they were in the beginning before you added the 2 cents. You know, as I grow older, I find that the quotes people throw at you actually have lots of subliminal meanings and can be applied to more situations than one. My example for today, "think before you speak." Think about all of the bullshit I just endured before talking to you, think about what my resources are that I already have to work with, think about the bigger picture, think about my surroundings, about me, about my babies before you decide to offer money that I didn't ask for because it's nowhere near the cost of my bills. Think about how that whole senario to solve my problems that you came up with is probably a bunch of bullshit and you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about. Whew! Not enough common sense in the world for all of this. I'm really asking for way too much right now. Gotta love those people that think that they are just too smart for their own fancy pants, which they probably tried to tell you how to shop for a pair of your own. They have an answer for everything.
And on that note, this is my 2 cents... so spend it wisely bloggers...

No comments:
Post a Comment