Let's talk about the difference in "loving someone" and being "in love with someone. So, in my opinion (and this is just MY opinion) theses phrases both can go into so much depth with meaning and emotion. It could be possible for it to even be unexplainable but I want to give this a whirl.
Now it's easy to love anyone. And we are talking about "just love" or loving someone. You could love everyone. Of course we love our friends, our families, maybe our co-workers, the guy at the grocery store that always has your meat ready for you on your shopping day... everybody!! Love can go a long ways. And of course there are different kinds of love or different ways of loving someone for whatever reason you love them. This comes natural. Everyone that is apart of your life serves some type of purpose and that's why everyone has a name for everything. You have your mother, your sister, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, aunts, cousins, uncles, friends, besties... so on and so on. And whatever purpose these people serve other than the name that they were given to identify who they are towards you, this is the reason that its natural instinct to love them. I don't want to categorize family with just the term of loving someone because we all know that everyone is not born into a great family and it's easy to love from a distance than it is to show love everyday. You can categorize or not, who should or shouldn't fall into this category but I don't think you can place any one person in it unless they are just random people who you happen to know or in other words "care for". In the dictionary, the definition of love states that it is "an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment". So at some point in our lives, everyone who has crossed our path at some point, I'm sure are loved for the footstep that they left behind. Be it good or bad.
Now let's get to the "in love" situation. And we are keeping this at a generalized stand point. I am not going to keep this phrase limited to, I guess who or what type of relationships we think should only consist of being "in love". So the definition of being "in love" came in plenty such as: 1. a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. 2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance. 3. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object. 4. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment. Is it safe to say that this feeling is soo intense and inexplicable, that they have to come up with 4 different definitions written out in a variety of ways that all pretty much say the same thing and of course, mean the same thing? Wow!! amazing shit, huh? And I do believe that this phrase can play a role with many different characters just as I stated before about the phrase, "I love you".
You are "in love" with a person or people for different reasons and your being "in love" can be showed differently among whomever. Example: I love my babies! I am in love with my babies. There is nothing in this world that I would not do for them if I am able to do it. #4.. "a person who is the object of intense affection or attraction; beloved." Sure enough, now that they are here, my world would be over without them. My purpose here on Earth would come to an end and sure enough I would shrivel up and die. These are real people and real lives that I have created. I am God and this is my Adam and Eve. This is how my world began. And let there be light! This is MY love for them. They complete me. My circle of 3. My being "in love" with them. *shrugs shoulders* See?! Ok now next case, let's use my being "in love" with my ex for example: I loved him! I was "in love" with him. This was my life, he was my life. There was nothing that he would ask of me that I wouldn't do if I knew that I was able to do it. I gave myself to him, created life with him (on purpose) because I felt that with or without a ring, we were going to be united somehow. Became submissive, weak to his touch, still getting butterflies after so many years.. you would think that it gets old at some point. Any who, 2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance. Indeed we are out on a limb here just for this feeling of highness. Mother's grasp so tightly to their children because it's her fix. Lovers hold so tightly to their partners/spouse because this is their fix. This shit should be illegal!! in certain cases. LOL!
I guess we have to know which is which. If you need confirmation, or you have to ask what is it suppose to feel like, then sure enough, you definitely have not gotten there. Yes! I love you! but I'm not in love with you! Aah-haah! I wonder who was the first person that said this bullshit out of their mouth, LOL! I mean, even though it makes a hell of a lot of sense.. who would have thunk to come up with the difference in the 2. Hell! in Spanish, Amore' is all the same, love, in love. They have 1 word! 1! But we are the ones that have to be all technical and shit. "Yes baby I am in love with you." Keyword: IN. And YES! you do have to here the word "in" smh. You would think that love is love is love is love. It is but that's only in the sense that its the less severe case of an emotion. There are no extras, no sacrifices, no strings attached, no work... you just know it's there. Where as "in love", you putting your everything on the line. It's work, it drains you, it worries you, it can even make you sick (literally) and we like this shit? Excuse me... we LOVE this shit, IN love with it. This fix! This euphoric feeling, the high, cloud 9 sensation (wherever the hell that is) like you're floating on air, like a brain orgasm (no sex). And when it is time to quit, you actually need rehab for real because now you done went rabid, lost your mind, gone crazy, the very epitome of a crackhead and you didn't even realize that you were addicted. Damn! And if you have ever sobered up long enough to realize what a fool you were (and we are generalizing all "in love" relationships, no discrimination) whether in partner relationships or even for your kids, over the years, you tend to realize that it is so easy to relapse back. For instance, how long can a mother stay mad at her child. Regardless if you feel it's your obligation to take care of them just because you had them, your love for them or even your being "in love" with them will never allow you to turn your back on them. Sad to say, but mother's put kids up for adoption everyday; young and older, so you have a choice to feel obligated or not. But meanwhile, they grow older and we look back on the plenty of times we have went out to the school and cussed the teachers out knowing it was our babies who was acting a fool the whole time, we think back to what a fool we were for them... because it's your child. And with absolutly no shame in your game, you're in love! Blind sighted... you see no wrong in your little angels. Realistically, this shit makes you delusional. You see no wrong in nothing... this is good shit!!
So now that we have cleared this up, I would like to say that it is safe to say that no one should second guess themselves now because the answer is right here. And like I said before, if you have to second guess yourself, then you are not at that point. The point of being "in love" that is. Simple as that. Can't just go throwing around a word that is priceless and could even possibly cause a life. Look at Romeo and Juliet. Think it's simple? Well, it's not! I think we might could even put this timeline in order. Starting at I care for you, I love you which means I care for you deeply/a lot, and I'm in love with you which is I'm far passed caring, lemme just handle the shit for you. However, I would like to express my gratitude to my readers. I really do LOVE you guys ;) Until next time, let's just keep your "sense so common".
No comments:
Post a Comment