Thursday, July 7, 2011
Who is the Rebound Guy?
Who is the rebound guy/girl? Does anybody know? And how do you put someone in that category? What does the rebound guy/girl do to fill those shoes? or better yet, what do you do to the rebound guy/girl in order for him/her to be considered the rebound guy/girl?
I am asking myself these questions because a friend of mine asked me if he was the rebound guy.. and my response (honestly) I didn't feel like he was because of the type of history that we had, even though we had not spoken to or seen each other in years. Well I shared this particular convo with another (female) friend who blurted out that "in fact" they were the rebound guy. Now, let's clarify some things here... Yes! I admit, I did just get out of a relationship. No! I am not looking for another relationship. I am just merely living my life like I should be able to do. Yes! It has only been a few months. But is there really a time frame that is set for you to be considered ready to date and the next person NOT be considered the "rebound"? And I also think it is important to know that he is not the only person that I hold conversations on the phone with. Nothing serious has happened. There has been no sex involved. I haven't even been on a real date since the break-up. Just holding lots of conversations over the phone. So maybe I'm a person that likes to talk... over the phone LOL!!! OK... I'm gonna be honest. Soooo.. not real actual phone conversations over the phone but texting. LOL!! smh... But of the few that I text, there is only 1 that I text more than the others. So does that make him (in particular, the rebound guy)
OK back to the question at hand here. Who the hell is the damn rebound guy/girl? I gave you my situation. So I think I need to hear from the master that can tell you exactly how to catch this culprit. I am going to ASSUME that whoever the first person is that you have relations with or start a relationship with is the rebound person. No matter how long you have been split apart, by yourself, lonely, celibate... somewhere at some point and time, there is going to come a point where you are going to eventually be with somebody for whatever your reasons of being with them are. Most people have a reason for waiting or even not waiting as long as they did or did not do. So, if you really think about it, at the time that you do become ready, whether its been a couple days or even a couple years... when you are back in action, then you are back in action!!! Whoever you snatch up first is your rebound guy/girl, and then you SCORE!!! LMAO!!!
Be realistic ppl... do you really think that these so-called morals and standards one sets for themselves really make you more efficient when it comes down to the situation of the subject here at hand? Well.. it doesn't, because no matter how long you wait or whatever your "rules" may be that YOU sot for yourself, it's not gonna make any difference in the future that was already mapped out by God, himself. For all you know, you could be sleeping with the enemy for 20 years. OR... You could meet a person one night, have sex, and be together for the rest of your lives (and I don't mean by way of a baby).
Or I guess we could look at it this way... the person who is snatched up on the rebound is the person who basically takes the place of the other person until you get your mind off of the ex... Damn!! I'm good! However, (of course there's a however) LOL... if you continue on with this person with no thoughts of the ex, and the 2 of you move on to live happy lives together, then what do you categorize that as? Because if the rebound is just suppose to be a mere play toy, there is no way that happiness could come out of that, right? OK OK so maybe it is that you are suppose to be completely (and I do mean completely) over your ex before you can move on, and whoever you get after you are over the pain and misery of your broken heart *rolls eyes* that is when it is finally safe to say that you are no longer in rebound stage. Most broken hearts, if you ask me, last forever. They usually change people into cold-hearted asses when it comes down to new relationships. Spoken from a true broken heart ;). I'm just not quite sure when it is safe to say that is safe because every cause and effect that effects your life in some way makes you the person that you are today. That is mind, body and soul and how much you do or don't give a fuck about the next person or the rebound person (whoever you want to call them)
Well I think this will be all for today. Catch you on the "rebound" LMAO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment