Friday, July 8, 2011

Security Code

Allll-rite!! I feel a debate coming on.  Question for today: Who gets the security code? Now this is an issue that most people tend to steer away from because it causes the most problems and for no apparent reason if and only if, you have nothing to hide. 

So first things first, let's get pass the trust issues.  So you are in a relationship and you trust this person with every bone in your body.  There is nothing in this world that could make you think otherwise of this person because you know, inside and out, they would never do anything to you that you think you would have to worry about. We all know that everyone has their personal space, or in other words, everyone needs their personal space.  But wouldn't it be important to be able to share your space with your significant other.  Due to my place of work, I have witnessed married couples who have called in and made reservations and once you get to the part about whether or not they want an email... they give you an email address that both husband and wife share or either they will tell you to just send it to whatever they got in their profiles because they have access to their partners account. WOW!! amazing shit, huh?! So who does this? Apparently the ones that trust in their partners so much that they feel they can share any and everything. Because, honestly, once you get to that step... what should you be hiding anyway?

So you're not hiding anything.  You just want your personal property to be your personal property. Tell me what is so personal about it anyway? Why create a full blown fuss about what you "don't" have to hide?  First of all... if you are on Facebook, most of your business is posted for everyone to see anyway.  Everything except for what you get in your inbox and instant msgs that may have been conjured up over the time period you've been a faithful member.  We can see your friend's list, so if you have any ex's there that you may know of... there still shouldn't be an issue because what is in the past is still in the past, right? It's ok to be friends and to keep in touch.  I am a firm believer in not burning bridges with certain people just because you are in a relationship. And thus, I have made this mistake before. Ok, cell phones! I can understand the security codes on the phone to get into the phone.  They do serve real purposes like if you were to lose it, the kids playing around with it and dialing up people... they are like mini computers now.  They store lots of valuable information.  BUT if you tell your significant other that you have a limited amount of friends and family, then that should be all that is stored in your phone, right?  Not the number of the ex from FB to call when you get some free time so that ya'll can play catch up or maybe even do lunch. Hell I should be the only one that has the "nasty" pictures in your phone, so why can't I see myself? If I have access to your phone, then I am quite sure I will have easy access to your email as well as your Facebook and whatever other social site you may be apart of.  So is that what you are keeping from me?  Scared that I may find out you're on the mailing list for BOOB_splash.com?


Privacy is privacy.  Yes indeedy! But if I can spill my whole life story to you, then what is there left to hide?  You would have to know quite a few things from your partners past in order for the two of you to move forward in the first place. I would think there is no way that you could lie in bed with someone every night for however many months or years and know absolutely nothing about that person.  I feel that if you can trade names, trade bodily fluids, have babies, trade rings, share food, share drinks, share intimacy, or even share bills... then you should be able to trade spaces. 

Now here is where the conflict of interest comes in.  Abuse!!! You cannot abuse the privilege that you were given to share the space of your partner.  We have the rats that do their best to break codes and enter the domain to mess up friendships and relationships that their significant other has build with other ppl over the years.  And yes we are talking about male and female.  And for what?!  It's all about trust here and at one point, we didn't have anything to worry about, right?! This is your man/woman and "they ain't going nowhere".  And then the next question that comes into play is, even if you do find anything that could be the slightest bit suspicious... what would you do?  I could guarantee that you will not leave right away.  What you see in black and white on a screen is not always what it looks to be.  However what you see in flesh and blood in your bed is exactly what it looks to be.  There is a way to go about sharing spaces and not going overboard with the insecurities, because honestly, if you feel the need to have the password to anything that belongs to anybody other than you or your teenagers; truth be told, you are insecure.  Simple as that.  LMAO!!! Did I just confuse you?! I could care less about having a password to my significant others accounts.  Now if I was given a duty to look up something or help him with something, and it was thrown in there, my duty is to still do what I was asked to do.  It is not to withhold this information and try to use it to the best advantages that I could possibly come up with.  I do think that, the way friends hand over their passwords to snoop on other peoples profiles (ie: Facebook) it shouldn't be as big of a problem for your partner to hand over theirs.  I also want to make clear that their is a hell of a difference in it being offered to you and you requesting it.  If you feel it necessary to know the password, then yess, indeed you are insecure and your self esteem is beyond the lowest measures of dirt.  It doesn't help the relationship any more than whatever habits the two of you have been practiced among the both of you.  If you have someone that is willing to share every inch of their life with you, passwords or anything else AND you don't have a problem with sharing your part, then I think that we have found a match made in Heaven.  It is possible. 

Whether you like it or not, there comes a time with some things just have to be let go.  If you don't think so, then you will be the one to die a lonely bastard and I hope that someone feeds your cat while you are gone.  There aren't really that many secrets in this world.  At least nothing that could shock anybody because it all has been done BUT the only thing that would be shocking is the fact that it was your partner that done it. Oh My! Relationships aren't built off of what websites you have passwords to and how much information you can gather up on one person.  The trust is suppose to be there until given a reason not to... that's at the start of Day 1. I do believe that if we traded all of our private spaces with our significant others, that there would be a lot of Hell and high waters and a lot of single people.  Why, if you are in a relationship, you must still stick your hand in the cookie jar? What's the purpose? Is that to give yourself the assurance that you still got it?  I think I just came up with the idea for my next blog.  I believe these are the reasons that people hold onto their "personal space" so tight. Either way you look at it, regardless of what you find or what found you, no one is promised to you with or without the vows.  With or without the security code.

No comments: