Should I tell you that I am unhappy, what would you do?
Would you seek out an option of resolutions to solve the problem until your efforts are no more? Would you take it as that's your cue to leave? Or would your answer be, "so what do you want me to do?"
If I told you that I'm leaving, what would you do?
Would you go through strenuous methods to try to make me stay? Make promises that you aren't willing to keep? Or would you simply let me leave?
I'm seeing someone else, what would you do?
Would you try to understand where you went wrong? Would you be willing to put in the efforts to redeem my love? Or would you flip out and accuse me of infidelity and doing you wrong?
You find me crying profusely, what would you do?
You ask, "what's wrong?", I say, "nothing." Would you keep at it until I answer your question? Would you hang around to help lift my spirits until the aches subside? Or would you simply walk away and assume that I would talk to you when I'm ready?
I'm tired, worn out from a long day and can barely hold my head up, what would you do?
Do you offer your services to complete the task that I had left unfinshed? Do you encourage my rest and reassure that everything will be ok? Or do you ask me what's for dinner?
Home is no longer filled with conversations and laughter, what would you do?
Do you put on a comedy show just to see me smile? Do you dig to find out what has been going on in my life since the silence? Or do you continue to roam in the quiet?
If I ask you what are your reasons for staying, what would you say?
Would you talk about how deep your love for me prevails? Could you recount the small things we share that make life so much bigger? Or would you simply say that you do not know?
When all of your efforts fail, what do you do?
Do you go for what you know? Do you hold faith in the love that you know the 2 of you, at some point, shared? Or do you charge it to the game and keep it moving?
"I would like to spend my last 24 hrs with you before I put an end to our relationship", what would you do?
Would you spend that 24 hrs trying to change my mind? Would you cry with me because you know that neither one of us has a fight left? Or would you spend your 24 hrs packing up your things to get a head start?
If I told you that you don't have what I need and you are not the man for me, what would you do?
Would you look within yourself to find my neccessity? Would you try to compromise with me if you knew that you couldn't provide it? Or would you send me on my merry way to find whatever it is?
If I lacked the essence of what a true woman is claimed to have, what would you do?
Would you mold and shape me into the woman you would like for me to be? Do you overlook my flaws and capture the radiance that caught your attention in the beginning? Or do you find someone else whom you think would be better?
If I inflicted the same strain on your heart that which you inflict on mine, what would you do?
Would you continue to fight for my attention? Would you create a blog so that you can pour your emotions out on the world, hoping that one day I would become bored enough to actually read it? Or would you inflict the same pain upon me?
We have been apart, you claim to be miserable without me and the reason's that you could not come up with to save our relationship has presented themselves, what would you do?
Do you run as fast as you can to share with me what I wanted to hear all along? Do you simply dance in delight with the info that could possibly make you the happiest man alive? Or do you sit and let your thoughts accumulate with the mindframe set on the assumption that it would never work?
I share my thoughts with you about the fact that I don't trust you, what would you do?
Do we revise our way of doing things so that I can become comfortable in my skin with you? Would you try to readjust your way of living to accomadate my insecurities? Or would you believe that I'm going through a phase and it will all be over soon?
I leave this letter on the kitchen counter before I have packed my bags to leave for good, I am gone and you haven't the slightest idea where to look, what would you do?
Would you look for me anyway? Would your realizations come forth as to why the relationship didn't work? Or would you have never noticed?

2 comments:
That is on point. Those are the primarily responses people typically have to choose from when faced with those different scenarios.
This is a reflection post. I was reading along mentally noting that I'd done a number of those different things. Not all good or all bad, but they were the choices that seemed right at the moment...regardless of the eventual outcome.
And no matter how you look at it J, most people tend to react with first impulse.
Whose to say which response or reaction is a good one or a bad one? The thing of it is, was it really thought through? Or maybe, was this person comfortable enough with themselves that they could be "gorwn up" about it and choose every choice that I know, no one would ever think twice about? Maybe they were thinking that everything that had to do with washing their hands with the situation was the more grown up thing to do?
Who knows, it's like gambling.
Post a Comment