Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Representative

Have you ever felt so sure of something that you couldn't be any sure-er? (lol, made that up) I mean so definite that there is no way that you could be wrong? So sot on a thought/person, that you have become 1 with it/them? When you feel that there is no way possible, you would ever come out wrong?

I call this... TRUST.

In a court of law, no matter how minor the charge, it's always good to have official representation. Who represents me through the thickness of my trials or even the dry days when seemingly everything is just peachy? How is it that a person can rely on a lawyer (literally speaking)? A person whom we know nothing about? Hand over a ticket and/or pour our souls into making it out of a possible devastation, hand in hand, with a person whom we do not know and they have no earthly idea who we are outside of the building that which they work? I hire this lawyer to represent me. Do I feel comfortable with knowing that he is going to do what he is suppose to do because that is what he get paid to do? Or do I feel comfortable with him being my representation because that is what's in their heart? They paid the money to be certified right? So it has to be a passion to represent the innocent... or the guilty? Right?! Because that is what they love to do?

Now in a court of relationship (lol), my partner is/should be my representation. Representing me everywhere that they are, and I am not/can't be. Can everyone say that their partner puts on an awesome show in the presence of others while outside of you? Does everyone feel comfortable with knowing that their partner is still witholding the utmost respect, even when pushed into compromising situations? Because I trust that my representation would go above and beyond the call of duty. Or at least, that is what I hope for. I understand that every relationship should began with trust. It's only natural and should be a given. You trust someone until they give you a reason not to. Right? Can we freely say that we have never had the slightest bit of insecurity when it came down to even the smallest characteristics? Not one random thought about the fact that our oh-so-loving partners is out there cheating their little heart out whether it's emotionally or physically? But this doesn't necessarily have to be made only about cheating. This representation has to consist of a type of personality, dress code, speech, appearances.... it could be anything. BECAUSE, your partner/wife/husband/bf/gf is your representative. Your representation for who you are/should/could/not be.

Until next time bloggers.... who is your representative?

3 comments:

Jay said...

Very interesting post and perspective. Believe it or not I've never viewed my woman as my representative...but you've definitely got me thinking.

Perhaps that's why some people are so picky. They know that only certain individuals would be able to properly or accurate represent them.

I know I would only want a certain type of women representing 'us' and I'm sure she would feel the same about me. We want someone who is going to put it all on the line for us. They will fight for our life and we would do the same for them. I think that's what it's all about.

We haven't spoken in so long Candi. We gotta start communicating again.

Candi said...

I knooow J, my work overload is in full effect. So much so that I have a touch of writer's block, and quite a few unfinished projects chilling inmy rough draft. smh I'm so ashamed. I've been trying to get around to you every chance I get but I haven't had time to listen to any of the podcast. :( I'm going to have to take a day at some point and run through all of them. There's quite a few that I have been anxious to hear.

You know I hadn't thought about a/my/whoever's partner as a representative either until I was suprisingly put in an awkward situation. Nothing that would make me compromise the trust on my behalf, but something that compromised the trust I had for that person. The first thought that came to my mind was, "this is how you represent me when you walk out the door?" I was moreso shocked than mad. Quite confused. And when you begin to start misunderstanding your case and your evidence is flying out of control, then I think that it is time to sit back, re-evalutate, and hire a new lawyer. LOL! Simply put.

I miss talking to you. Really nice of you to drop by.

Anonymous said...

I guess it goes without saying but you really have to know the person. When someone says something derogatory about them you should know if it's true or not so that when you defend them you don't look like an idiot after. My cousin learned this lesson.