Sit down child! Mommy needs her me-time
I need to... close my eyes
consume the darkness. Open wide and consume the brightness
Take in my walls and doors around me...
or go outside and play in the world around me.
Ignore the schedules and loathe in the sit down-ness
Inhale, exhale...
Relieved of "duty calls"
Sit down child!! Mommy needs her me-time
Free to be me again!!
Wait a minute... who am I?!
because the images I portray for the teachers, Pediatricians and the preachers aren't quite what I sought out to be... or so I thought...
I think I forgot who I was suppose to be
I think I was suppose to...
wear little, short dresses... blooming in bright colors... with sandals
let my hair down...
and maybe take heed of my feminine...
no... no... maaaayyybe...
I'm suppose to grace the bars with my night time essence,
play the sexy woman role with that mysterious quality
hmph, not quite sure who I would want to be.
So sit down child!! Let me have this time for me.
Maybe I should just clean house like never before...
Remove the spider webs from my ceilings and bleach my kitchen tile floors
Scrub my baseboards and clean my fridge of "leftover" hoards.
No. Maybe I should clean ME...
Every mommy knows you should scrub behind the ears
.... but who has that kind of time?
I could...
Sit in a bathtub of bubbles and the exfoliating grits.
Completely clean skin and not have to rush one bit
Admire the drips of water that fall from my faucet.
Lose track of time and play in my wrinkled skin.
Bypass the rush because of some place I have to be in.
Maybe I'll just wash my hair and enjoy the kinky trend
Sit down child!! Mommy needs her me-time
I want to cry and scream and whine and kick
Make this about me! me! me!
Why can't it be all about what I want...
and what party dress I want to dance in
Give me lot's of cake and ice cream
chocolate bars and sweets to feast
Gimme toys and barretts to fancy about...
5 minutes? 10 minutes? It's just not enough
Let's be realistic here...
Mommy just wants to run in the buff
Fuck it, why not...
Digress.
digress back to my 21 year self...
When my tits set a-perked and firm
tight ass and legs that could run for miles...
When my only concern was how much liquor I could drink in style
Responsibility? What was that?
Life was grand...
no kids, no man
Mommy had her me-time *sighs*
Just hush child. Lemme me drift in my thoughts.
while we watch the cartoons and I can continue to ponder life's lessons taught.
Enjoy this moment and just hold the dearest thing closest to me
Forget my me-time...
It's just you and me

No comments:
Post a Comment