Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sooo... You Know Me Now?

It amazes me how women seem to be so complex to men, but somehow these same men can easily become professionals in telling women about themselves, how to live, get/love and keep a man. Even down to our OB/Gyns who absolutely know, for fact, what our bodies' are going through. Really?! And to this day, with my damn-near 30 year old self, I still haven't quite figured out how that could ever be possible, even with all the studying and books in this world. I read these blogs and watch these movies or look at a doctor and try my best to figure out how they think and believe that they know me/us/women so well. hmmm....

Common sense tells me that when you offer/give advice, you offer/give it according to the personality of a person and how they deal with their situations. In other words, no 1 solution is a cure-all just because it worked for you. This is probably, partly, the reason I never came up with an actual title as to what my blog was actually suppose to reference. I talk about shit that all people should have common sense about. At least enough common sense to just relate if nothing else. I don't expect application for the mere fact, what works for me may never work for you. Even though, it's good to take in. I know that MY encounters doesn't necessarily mean anything when it comes to the next person's encounters. I try to speak from an overall generalized viewpoint of what a situation can withold, although it is very, very easy to stereotype people. I apply my "generally speaking" format, which is basically MY encounter, and formulate the common sense behind it even though most of us never apply it. And yes... that includes me. I know what I SHOULD be doing but I did something else instead.

How can someone tell me what or how to handle my situation if they don't know me? Given most answers/advice/tips or whatever you want to call it, I find them to be very stereotyped. All women handle situations like this or maybe women should handle their situation like that. At this particular time, a woman is probably thinking this. How would you know? How could you know? Is it because of YOUR enounters, that you base YOUR facts on how ALL women react/think/speak and so forth. I also look at these particulars as a means to train women: Let me tell you how you should act so that I or someone else will want you. Everyone should be able to admit to their faults and/or flaws. But it amazes me how the women except these accusations and then put forth efforts to assume the positions. You are who you are. But because so-n-so said that you should be like this since this is what makes THEM happy OR stereotypically, it would make EVERYONE happy.... I just don't see the facts in that. Not even if we did a statistical survey. Because then I would want to know what type of women are we questioning, what have they experienced and where are they at this point and time in their lives. Yes! it makes a difference.

I could have easily spent my 80-something blogposts talking about how men should/do/don't act. How it's really not that complicated to use the portion of your brain that carries the common sense to figure women out. I could invest my time in trying to downgrade men and talk about how all of them are the same. OR I could persuade them into believing that just because your woman says she loves you or caters to you, doesn't mean she ain't cheating. I could blow a man's head up with a bunch of bullshit about no matter what they do in life or who they are, they will never compare to the strengths of a woman.... BUT, of course, I will put it all in a nicer format and make it sound a little more intelligent. You know... just so that it's easier to absorb. Wouldn't want to crush your self-esteem any more than it already has been. lol. Come on guys, really!

BUT... what can I say, it works! I guess this is what makes the blog world go round. Until next time bloggers...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i think your absolutely right when you say that a person's reality is influenced by their experiences and the circumstances of their lives. so often we mean well but dump our suggestions on friends and loved ones based on the things we've learned from a similar situation without taking into account that person's own story and how that might affect the way they go on to handle things.

"It amazes me how women seem to be so complex to men, but somehow these same men can easily become professionals in telling women about themselves, how to live, get/love and keep a man." <--- really good way to put it btw :)

lovelife4sale said...

people often look for rational statements to overgeneralize issues and matters which they hardly have the understanding off. Men often dont like the unknown, soo we look for reasons or ideas on why the unknown is unknown..... most times we are often wrong about our ideas of what we think the truth is, thats why most men often are wrong about what is best for a woman even though we arent women.
(i hope any of the things i said made sense)

Anyways, we are all confused creatures trying to makes sense of the world we live in, the difference is Men who understand their flaws and limitations, and those who are too blinded by their own bullshit.

nice post btw

Candi said...

@ Stephanie, first I want to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Glad you enjoyed it.

@Lovelife, omg!!! I think that was the nicest thing a man has ever said LOL!!! Seriously...

*round of applause* we had a breakthrough!

If all men could read your statement, process it, and actully evaluate themselves, this world would be a far better place. Everything you said is so on point, but how many people do you think would take ownership for it?

Anonymous said...

@lovelife4sale co-sign the last paragraph