Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Quiet Storm

You can only love someone as long and as much as they allow you too. There comes a breaking point whenever in a situation that consists of constant ups and downs and sharp curved turns. To be in a relationship can be a most awesome feeling. However there are cons with the pros; demons with blessings; sad with the happies. I concluded in my very own previous situations that, it's usually not about the nature of the event taking place or even how often. It's moreso about how much strength you have to carry it on your shoulders. Love makes you weak. Weak enough to create Superman strengths that which you never knew you had, pulled from an abyss from within. Weak enough to involuntarily crawl into a fetal position and contemplate on how you have absolutely nothing left without that person. Sounds a little contradictory, don't you think?

THIS... is... the... quiet storm. Lightening rages, thundering thoughts, and heart's pouring rains. All cried out, there is only enough strength to just let go. You sit back and enjoy the science of nature, the changes in pace, from heavy rains to light rains to the low crackling thunder that seems as if it's drifting away. But, the meteorologist made it clear that you're definitely dead smack in the middle:

No questions left to answer and no answers left to give. No fight in the dog and no care about who wins. It's just a quiet storm. You sit still. In the quiet. And you wait for it to subside. Mellowed out moodiness and spurts of anguish. Finding solace in the dark and disguised by the little clear drops. With high hopes for these predictions to manifest. At least until the real rain moves west.

4 comments:

Sinserlyors said...

Really! My thoughts, you sit, you ride, you wait, and then you die...

With Love,
Yo Mama

Jay said...

Great post.

I believe that's an accurate depiction of the quiet storm...that place many of us find ourselves in at some point or another. Should the relationship end or can we find a way to make it better than it currently is?

That can be a difficult question to answer. At the same time, I have a question of my own...Do you find yourself currently caught in a quiet storm?

Candi said...

Thanks J!! So good to see you.

And the question you ask is exactly what I meant. It's a battle within oneself during this time period.

And no I'm not currently in the mist of a storm. However, there seem to be quite a few ppl around me that are.

I'm glad you came through and enjoyed.

Jay said...

I know I've been M.I.A. but you already know I'd be stopping by when I got the opportunity to. This was my first stop luv!