Those of us, adults, that have common sense and kids, usually live most of our lives by way of "example". Everything has to be taken personal, serious, and with the most precaution. We have to set examples. Don't ask me why or who said it. I think it's somewhere floating in the force field of the Universe. So with that being said, what type of example are you setting? In addition, do you feel that the lifestyle you live now, whether pre or post child, do or doesn't have an engraved impression on their future upbringing? No. I'm not talking about the image that you would or do showboat for them, but your past and your footprints that which you have made for yourself. Not the life that you "so-called" try to
I have heard, quite often, a guy blurting out the fact that he would want someone like his mother
Adult or child... there are more visual observants rather than those auditory or verbal people. When you say/hear, "I would love to be with someone like them", do you not understand that this is just another human being who eat, shit and breathes just like the next? And that they too, shall come with flaws? No one is perfect and no one is being asked to be. But wouldn't you want to be all that you could be? Not for the army, but for the Queen Bitch Karma. No one says "I'm going to fuck as many people as I can when I grow up", or "I'm going to break people's hearts." No one sees themselves as a pimp, player, hoe, bullshitter, etc. No one banks on swimming through the grit and grim when setting out to find that one person that can give us whatever it was that we saw our mom or dad receiving. No one banks on being heartbroken. And when WE, Yes! WE. are out here suiting up for the fun and games, no one stops to think, "Damn! That could have been my son/daughter." I wonder how I would feel if my son came back to me and said, "mom, *enter hoodrat name here*, keyed my car and slashed my tires." Although, I am at a point, now, where my patience isn't easily altered by stupidity; it would still be a slap in the face for my baby to have to experience the stupidity that I, once, projected onto another's property for being so damn stupid. On top of, knowing the type of bullshit I have put up with, when dealing with men, how would I manage my daughter's anger or frustration when she experiences her first, "he cheated on me"?
How can anyone be so sure of themselves? I don't think anyone take notes of the way that we receive our blessings. You pray for something so hard and once you receive it, you are faced with the reality behind it. No one ever said that it would be like this. This isn't what I signed up for. I quit! When growing up, children come up with bright ideas and dance in bubbly dreams as to how they see themselves or how they would like for their life to be. Oohh... the memories! Something that we all, more than likely, saw or had experienced somewhere at some time or another. But just because my daughter saw her daddy bringing mommy flowers every other Friday, doesn't necessarily mean that life is sugarcoated on chocolate. You give off a visual (or set an example) saying this is how mommy should be treated. BUT, babygirl also can't can't seem to grasp the fact or understand why mommy is still sad. Do you get my point here? And even though you are instilling one visual effect in her presence, there is always another visual that she has to process, because guess why... it takes 2, and mommy was left at the house with a funky attitude (visual 2). Daddy's little girl grows up looking for someone like daddy thinking she'll receive those flowers every other Friday the same way mommy did. But the kicker she never knew was that Daddy only bought mommy flowers because every other Friday was his playdate with ....
Are you sure you would want your daughter with someone like you?
Until next time bloggers....


2 comments:
Yo! You beat me. LOL! I have a podcast releasing in a few weeks discussing this topic. I can't wait to get your thoughts on it.
This is a very insightful post. I've come to realize that it truly depends on the persons past when it comes to answering this question. If people were wildin out, they fear that their child may repeat that behavior down the line. In most cases, they wouldn't want their child to do that. That's why it's important to be honest with at child. Explain the mistakes that were made in your life and how you corrected them. Show them the pros and the cons...and then allow them to make a choice. That's what life is all about. You know?
I can say without a doubt that I would want my son to be like me and I would like my daughter to be with a man who treats her as well as I treat women...or better...if that man comes into her life.
LOL!! I'm ready to hear this one!
You are right about the past of those who be wildin'. But I think it's worst for men for the simple fact they are moreso thinking of their daughters being on the receiving end rather than the road that they were riding. I try to live my life, NOW, according to the way that I would want my children to live theirs. I can't say that I broke too many hearts. Well I don't want to feel like I did a whooolllleee lot of damage, lol... know what I mean? But I do fear for them and at the same time, it's another part of growing up. You can't protect them from everyone and/or everything.
Post a Comment