So, yesterday was my birthday, guys. And, boy was it a good one. Not because of the fact that I received a lot of gifts or anything (because I didn't); but because I got to spend it with everyone that was near and dear to me. I'm a very personable and intimate person which usually makes me fairly simple to please. I'm very easy ;) But, moving right along, I came to the conclusion that I am getting old as fuck!!! SMH!! What should have happened today... of all days, I should have requested off from work and kept my old ass home in the damn bed. Geez!! I am not 21 anymore and damn if I didn't get that picture drilled into my head over this past weekend.
I got kicked off on Friday with Girl's Night. I have like 2 friends in the whole entire world and I'm very fortunate that these heiffas live in the same county as I. LOL!! Dinner and a few shots at TGIFriday's. It was lovely. Ended the night on the dance floor at a nice little spot called TJ's, with what feels like, arthritis in my right toe. Grandma never lied when she said "cuteness will kill you." I should have just laid on the floor and died. LOL!! OMG!!! 5 inch booties for one night is pure murder. You know, just because you feel energized at that very moment, does not necessarily mean that you should use the energy all up. It's like gas, you should save some for later. And with the prices going up the way that they are, we have to be very resourceful as to how far we go. Same thing with this old ass body of mine... oh no!! This bitch had to party like a fucking rock star!!
Well, we move right along to Saturday. I mind you that life still goes on and usually I try to get all of my chores done on my days off. Had I planned ahead or used the little bit of energy I had during the week, the smart move would have been to do a little bit here and there throughout the week. My laundry was ridiculously overflowing and it seems as if I could hear someone screaming "help me" underneath it all. LOL!! And my day started off all wrong, anyway, because I woke up at 8 o'clock!!! Yes! In the fucking morning! Need I remind you of girl's night from the night before accompanied by a shot of tequila, a blue motorcycle, a shot of Ciroc, Ciroc and cranberry, and Jose' and orange juice. x_x Nope, my babies were not up. Nobody but me and for what?! Another ritual I perform on my days off is cooking breakfast, which I did. And the next move to make was to wash these friggin clothes and to make sure that my daughter made an appearance at the 2 birthday parties she was suppose to attend. I packed up 2 loads worth and it seems as if it took me all day to wash those. We had to skip one party, but made it to the other. Missed the food and cake but she got a chance to jump in the blow up trampoline and attend the sleep over. Left me ample enough time to get back home, and get ready for a night out with the "pending". We had decided to go to the strip club because that's our thing. We banked on "all black everything" (which is all I have in my closet anyway) and Red Berry Ciroc with RedBull. Now everyone knows that going to the strip club should be a pretty chill event. Not much requirement of energy. You sit down and enjoy the show. Well, we spent every bit of maybe a hour and a half in there (if that, maybe shorter) before a fight broke out and some drunk ass let off what sounded like a little 22. Which leaves with a dumbfound look because I recall walking through a metal detector at the door. Here we go again!!! 5 inch pumps making a mad dash for the Exit/Entrance door. We hit home, night doesn't stop there. Had no choice but to top it off with a few rounds of "Birthday Cake", Rihanna style ;) What can I say? It was only right. *shrugs shoulders*
Heading into Sunday, I had hoped for a chill day, in which it was. Sort of. I cooked breakfast and pulled out some beef ribs to start cooking an early dinner since it was Easter. Oh yeah, and my birthday. And I was also trying to figure out how I was going to incorporate completing the rest of this laundry. In the process of thinking, I get a phone call from my mother (of course) and she asks, "what's up for today? It is your birthday... what are we doing?" Now let me tell you bloggers something about my mother, her tank is usually full. I have no idea how she continuously stays on the go and I am very unfortunate to not have inherited that particular characteristic. Sometimes I wonder how she can even afford to keep her tank full, lol. I was rather sluggish that morning but I did revive by the time I got to my mom's. She wasn't there, so the "pending" and I decided to go ahead and get the grill started. Let me also add that I went ahead and got started on my laundry as well. Yes!! I packed and brought my laundry with me, lol. Threw in a load, cleaned and seasoned the meats and cooked the sides. My sisters, my neice, my babies, my mom, the "pending" and me. We sat out on the deck, we ate, we drank, and shared good convo. It's not too often that the "pending" spends time with my family and sit in a round-the-table conversation, so I was rather shocked by this surprise. But hey, why not? After all, it was my birthday. Seems pretty relaxed and chill for the moment, right? Oh hell no! My baby sister and her little friend get's the bright idea of coming up with a dance routine. Which is fine. BUT my mom, my other sister and I joining in the line dance is just horrendous!! I mean terrifying. This is what happens with liquor at it's best. smh! Wore my wedges, even though the athritis in my right toe is still lingering, but I wasn't crazy enough to dance in them, lol. I did have that much sense. But not enough sense to sit my black ass down somewhere and act like I had to be at work the next day. You know... like reall grown-ups should. SMH And now I am paying for it today.
I bet you would like to see all of the kodak moments I captured, right? LMAO!!! A pose here and there. Maybe even a club picture taken at the booth. All the ladies sitting at the table with their round of shots. The "pending" and I heading out into the night. Or me and my family making complete and utter fools of ourselves LMAO!!! Well... I have none! Who does that? My last year in my 20's and I don't have 1 single picture to say "I was here" on April 6th, 7th, or the 8th! uugghhh! Or to prove that I spent my birthday with the most awesome people in the whole entire world. That's how I know I'm getting old as hell and I probably got about a quarter tank of gas left. Now I need to sit down and rummage through the ideas of how I'm going to fit getting in shape, into my schedule. I'm kicking 30 in the ass and I am feeling it. Fuck the quarter tank, I think I am completely gas'd out.
Until next time bloggers.... Happy Birthday to me!!
And to think, next year I am planning for my "Forever 30" 3 day long birthday party. For the life of me... *hangs head in shame*


No comments:
Post a Comment