Thursday, January 26, 2012
What's Mine is Mine and What's Mine is Mine, So Don't Make Yourself at Home
Writing has been helping me to psychologically evaluate myself without having to come up with the extra funds, LMAO... whew! I kill myself! Anyways, today's breakthrough session? I don't like when people get too comfortable around me. I don't know what scared me as a child but I'm always uneasy in other people's house/presence unless they are family. I have 2 friends, so they don't count as "people" LOL! More like family I guess. But you would still never catch me picking my toes on their couch while we are camping out in the living room drinking wine and watching movies. Not at my house and definitely not at theirs. And it doesn't matter how long I have known them. I can only make myself confortable to a certain extent. And some things, you just don't do... in the presence of others. I could never find myself hanging my underwear across someone else's shower rod or soaking them in someone else's sink. Ok, maybe that is extreme... I don't like using other people's lotion, soap, toothpaste, plates... get the picture? LOL!!! Seriously!
Comfortability goes far deeper than what's seen on the surface. People get too comfortable. Settled in. Tucked in. Snug tightly. All consistency is lost and the capability to act as a grown up. And here we go again! Replying to the question asked by the preacher, "Do you take this..." Hell no! I don't! We could be talking about anybody here. If before, within a relationship/friendship/roommate-ship LLS! you were supporting yourself in your life endeavors, why would you slack up and become dependent on someone else for the shit that you were doing to begin with? The shit that proves your adulthood, your responsible-ness. Everyone has some type of shit with them that may tee off the next person and they honestly don't realize it. But, becoming a slacker is a deal-breaker all in it's own. And the problem with this is it never comes until later. Just because you came across a person that may have made a couple purchases or helped you out in certain situations, that does not mean that they want to incorporate those duties into their daily life routines. YES! It is necessary to have 2 of one thing in a house. YES! it is necessary for you to continue to pay your own bills. Let's keep it real, being put in situations such as this could leave you feeling that you are really the one with the problem. It's the small things that piss you off, so you just might be the one who is over-reacting OR maybe you're just a fucked up individual all together.... *Jeopardy music* Naaa, common sense is common sense. It's just unbelievable that someone could be that comfortable in their laziness.
Because you know someone, does not give you the right to ask to use their toenail clipper AND THEN pick your toes. Because you pick up your dead skin cells after you are done doesn't make it any better either. You live with somebody? That does not give you the right to stop buying your own damn soap. Who said I wanted to share mine? YES! It is still necessary to have 2 of one product in a household. I use Secret deoderant. I buy Axe deoderant for my son. See what I did here? Sharing deoderant? Eeewwww!! Because you live next door and we just so happen to be going in the same direction, doesn't mean that I want to ride with you to work OR that I want you to ride with me. My Black and Milds are for me and so is my liquor. I support my own habits and so should you. If I brought my own liquor to the party, that means I want to drink my liquor, not serve your guest. I bought snacks for my babies, not yours. And if they don't want to share, they don't have to. I don't like when people hang their jackets on doors, or vacuum cleaners... ugh. Someone please tell me, am I the one with the problem? If it's broke, fix it. If you can't, leave it alone BUT immediately find someone who can. LOL!! Why leave the disaster area a disaster for the next person to piss and bitch?!... like me.
OK, now you can call me crazy. Guess you can say that I have a comfortability issue. Not commitment issues, trust issues, opening up issues... lol I mean, there are some (very few) people who I disregard my pet peeves with, however there are more than a few who I give the sideways glance to and hope that they see the same picture that I see in my peripheral. You would think that if I constantly repeat something pertaining to whatever it is that irks my nerves, the person would take into consideration what it is that's being done and try to correct the situation. Because I have known you for "x" amount of years does not mean that we are cool. So cool that you feel like you can do/not do or say anything around me. No! You can't go into my fridge and see what I have to drink or eat. Let's also incorporate the fact that because we have BEEN TOGETHER for "x" amount of years, that does not give you the right to take a break and think that it's ok NOT to take me on a date. No I don't want to lounge around in my undies all day and watch movies. That is not spending time together. Whatever you were doing in the beginning needs to be done in the middle, at the end, forever. Come on people!! Don't make yourself too too comfortable.
So I think my job is done here. It could possibly be an eye-opener for a lot of people including myself. I can look back on some pass situations and understand why my mom always made big deals out of what seemed like nothing. But I'm getting older :( and... I guess... I can... relate now LOL!! It killed me to type that.
Until next time bloggers... don't make yourself at home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
And with that being said, it's called come visit me on Saturday between the hours of 6 - 9pm, eat before you come, shit, shower and shave. bring your own tissue. Because i am single and live alone. and like it that way.. if you stay for more than 24 hrs. & use my water, toothpaste, food, & tissue than you owe me rent.
Basically i just wanted to see if i could comment. lol!!
HA! You made some great points. I agree that some boundaries shouldn't be crossed...especially for sanitary reasons. Similar to you, I'm not the type of person who feels comfortable enough to just kick my feet up on your couch, dig all up in your fridge or drop a brown bomb in your toilet. To me that's crossing a line.
Sharing toothbrushes, deodorant(sticks, not spray), bars of soap, brushes and other PERSONAL items is not appealing to me at all. I can barely drink out the same cup as someone else (straws are a necessity)or eat off the same plate. It just depends o the person, the hygiene and the situation.
Post a Comment