Maybe I haven't done enough reading or either my blogroll is somewhat lacking of more "Blog-A-Licious" blogs, but I haven't heard any type up of uproar being had about Chrissy and Jim's latest proposal. At least not in the fashion of Kim and whatshisname. Maybe the show isn't all that popular. Maybe the uproar was had on FB or Twitter, but I don't belong to either of them and I know I'm late but whatever. I felt like writing and these 2 people came to mind.
So if you have been following the Love and Hip Hop episodes, you would have known that last season, Chrissy asked Jim Jones to marry her. I commend her on her big ass balls. She's a headstrong woman that knows exactly what she wants and stops at nothing to get it. She's a naturally pretty lady and she goes all out for "her Jimmy". I, too, have been to that point in my life where I was willing to ask the guy to marry me. Welp... balls shribble up and feelings change. So moving right along... Jim's response was, "I'm wit'choo." Whatever the fuck that means. So, this season, it was such an issue (with Chrissy) that he, in return, had not gotten her a ring or even began to make an effort to make plans to move forward with arrangements for the wedding. *smh* While all along, Chrissy's frustration (with Jim) leads her in a rage, soul-searching, and not realizing that she is fucking up a whole heap of shit within his circle from his manager, to his mom, to the "click-ships"! Well maybe the mom is a different story. Let's not forget that he lost his ring, too. But the way I was seeing it, it seems as if the main complication was due to the fact that he hadn't gotten her a ring. ?? I didn't know there was a ring swap before the wedding, but then again I'm not rich. So maybe that's their thing. Oh my bad!! I guess I wasn't suppose to call her out on her faults, either. But common sense, clear eyes and a sound mind tell's us clearly what the situation is. But that's not the point. I had to tell you the story first to get you up to date.
Well, "her Jimmy", snatches her up from her trip to (I guess) prove his commitment and in turn bought her a ring. OMG! *rolls eyes* yes the first initial sight of it is really endearing, although the ring is whipped out in the middle of an argument... but let's dissect this situation here. Fight me if you like, but I don't really see the "in love" in this situation. I see buddies and comfortability which is still healthy for a relationship, might I add. But in all actuality, it seems like a tit for tat situation to me. MY THOUGHT PROCESS (for Jim): "I only want to marry you because you want to marry me. AND because you want to marry me and is around here causing headaches for everybody, lemme shut you up and give you what you want." I have yet to see the commerical for the up and coming episodes where a wedding actually takes place. Or maybe they just gon' keep it gangsta and hit up the Justice of the Peace. Who knows. But what I do know is, I don't see stability within a marital relationship. There is no doubt in my mind that the love is there. But I'm wondering what's the whole purpose of the paper? What does it say? If you have already been together for 7 years, what exactly is "marriage" suppose to change other than your last name and the fact that you may get half if it came down to divorce?
I use to have my thoughts on marriage mapped out: What it was suppose to mean. How life was suppose to be. The urges you get when you see one another and how long it's suppose to last. How the sex will only get better and everyone is one big happy family. I can't live without you's and you can't live without me's. Together we are one. This is our bond. *yawns* I think it's my age kicking in again, lol.
Let's not "just settle" for 2012. Let's go beyond and claim whatever it is that we really, really want. I'm feeling like Jim had her there as long as he did for a reason. In other words, "choosing not to settle". Was he really believing that he could have possibly been able to get a more submissive woman? Do you really want to blame it on the fact that he is consumed by his work? Because he's out here chasing his dreams? Is she not apart of his dreams? How is it that the woman can include HIM in her everyday lifestyle AND DREAMS but the man needs to focus on one thing at a time? Sounds to me like the woman has a bigger dick than the man does... hmmmm... I think that's my next post title (random) Anywho, am I making some sense here?
If we were to put this in a real life scenario and not a "made for TV" type situation, who do you think would win? I can understand situations arising that could prevent or hold off a wedding date, such as finances, but we are dealing with nothing of the matter. Would you really consider waiting that long in an engagement? Would you consider waiting that long in just a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, if marriage had always been your main goal? Chrissy kept it "G" with her proposal. I liked how she set it up. She did her thing! But where the union lacks is, why say "yes" or "I'm wit'choo" if your answer is really "no" or "I'm not ready"? Proposals can be really pressure-filled if you are being put under the spotlight in front of shit loads of people, HOWEVER, it would be the grown-up thing to not vow or commit yourself to something that you know you are really not ready for. Yes, Jim speaks his love for her in his confessionals. It's cute and so what. I thought that Chrissy would settle for less bullshit from him, than what she has put up with within this past year since she bust her ballzy move. She said she wasn't going to talk about it and she was trying to give him time to grow (as if he needed any extra time) FUCK THAT!! I want to talk about it! Because either you are wit' me or you ain't! Simple shit! Common sense shit! And because the engagement lacked communication, she in turns go crazy on everybody else. *shrugs* Holding shit in and letting it build up is the cause of this. I'm victim to it. And if talking isn't enough, then kick rocks because she could have easily waited another 7 years to have kicked out her couple hundred thou on someone else who was really worthy of it and more appreciative.
I understand that Jim is an emotionally unavailable man, at all times. I've been with plenty types like him. But there comes a time when that emotional unavailability can really kill your dreams forth-coming or even the people around you. HE almost lost out. I just hope that within his thought process on his trip to Miami, that he indeed was giving his ring for the right reasons and not just because she wanted to marry him or because that's what she was asking for. Any proposal I feel would be worth waiting for, would have me fucking elated. BUT, it's them getting married, not me. I can also forewarn you that there will be no blog posts about any weddings containing me in it. Awwww :( Maybe I need to get like Chrissy.
So, until next bloggers... I only write because you want me to lol *kisses*


6 comments:
Where do I start?!
To begin with, I'm not a fan of reality TV at all. One of my female friends convinced me to check out a few episodes of this show last season and I was locked in for a moment. Then I finally came back to my senses and realized I was wasting my time watching pointless, exaggerated, drama-filled reality TV. Excuse my rant, but I had to get that out of the way.
In regards to that situation all they both are doing is settling. I truly doubt the love in that relationship. Believe me, it's far from true love and that is based on the way they treat one another. If you ask me, this is just another case of what happens when couples put the carriage in front of the horse. Marriage is sacred for a reason and people forget that quickly.
Marriage is supposed to be special, but it's people who have ruined that. How you ask? By doing the things that were reserved for marriage BEFORE getting married. When you do that, how much further can your relationship go? It's wild because I just got done reading a GREAT post discussing just this. I'll provide you with the link if you'd like to read it.
(Link: http://thisisgs.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-your-standard.html)
I think it's sad that people have been so pressed to rush things that they practically ruin marriage for themselves. What's even worse is they don't even realize it.
I honestly don't think "Her Jimmy" wants her. If a man really is IN love with a woman she doesn't have to make a big hoopla or fuss in order to get him to marry her. He will want to marry her because he can't contain his love for her or go another moment without her being his wife. That is what a REAL man who truly IN LOVE with a woman does. Once again, it's said that she and many other women don't realize this.
What also baffles me is how people view Chrissy as a STRONG woman. I have to wonder...would an INTELLIGENT and STRONG woman really put herself in a position such as that and for that long?! It just doesn't add up for me. I honestly believe she could do better, but sadly I think she is content with settling. More women need to snap out of it and get what they deserve...which is a man who really and truly deserves them. Women shouldn't waste their time on men who aren't ready to be real men who commit to real women.
NO! Candi please don't get like Chrissy! Be BETTER than Chrissy and women like her!
I'm not a fan of reality TV either J. I still think that the reality is a little rehearsed. I honestly don't think that people hold conversation that much on a day to day basis. LOL
I just so happened to see these 2 episodes. How ironic is that LOL! But I was terribly horrified by it. It seems as if the marriage thing is just something to do to them only because they have the money for it and they been together for so long. I definitely agree with everything you said. Especially the Chrissy part. I literally LMAO with that one.
And my promise to you J, I will never get like Chrissy! I'm gon keep it ol'school with this one.
I definitely respect the ol' school!
I'm sure those shows are more than rehearsed. I believe they are scripted it. Like you stated, no one has that much going on in their lives, especially on a consistent and daily basis. I don't care if they are supposedly rich and famous. It just doesn't add up.
Let me get in on this convo. I am not a big fan of Unrealistic TV either. I do actually like the T.I. show. I like him though.
I didn't watch the show last season, but I saw that engagement episode. Now, I have seen all of the this season, lol. I catch up at work, lol.
I do not think Chrissy is a strong woman at all. She has strength for who she wants. She is weak as hell in her relationship. Shoot, she is starting to cry as much as Emily and she annoys me.
Chrissy annoys me with the "Her Jim" mess. He was every body's Jim over the last 7 years, I am almost sure. She has settled to be number one. I don't want a number, no one should come after me. I remember a few years ago, I saw him in a club, and he pulled my ponytail. He pulled the shit out of it, to get my attention. I flipped. I asked him, why would he touch me? i told him he does not know men, and he wanted to speak, he should have used his mouth. That is not cool and majorly disrespectful. He does not value women and he does not value Chrissy. If she is trying to secure her "half" fine. But, if she wants something real, she can not force it on him. He is not ready and she refuses to accept it.
That engagement was pathetic. He may have well have thrown the ring at her. She could have caught it in her mouth like a seal, for some good t.v. LOL.
Don't mind my errors. I don't re-read, ,ol.
Yep LB, you are absolutely right. I think she did have me a little confused.
LOL!! Wow, it's amazing the show people put on in the public. And a ring definitely doesn't secure anything. People make promises they don't mean everyday. And I would have been mad as hell about my damn ponytail LOL
Major thumbs down to that engagement. I can't throw them down hard enough, lol
Post a Comment