I've got the best of both worlds! It's a boy! AND a girl! Most parents (good parents) usually come up with this long list of rules and such, that they would like for their kids to abide by. Map out a plan or blueprint of a foundation for life, that which they would like to teach them in hopes of becoming more prosperous than they. In the meantime, it seems as though these plans are only mapped out depending upon the sex as if no gender is suppose to learn the same as the next gender. Things I would like for my son to know... Things that I would like for my daughter to know... How about we look at the things I would like for my children to know. Life is life and regardless of how much you try to seperate the sexes, people are people and still have to live as a person should. Does that make sense? Categorize me as a person. Not by my chromosomes because at the end of the day, I can't always depend on the next chromosome to be there to complete the gene pool of my DNA and neither can my babies.
Pay Attention:
Be attentive to all details. Details that surround you and the person next to you. If I haven't learned anything in all of my 28 years, I have learned that your atmosphere means everything. Be observant. Shut up and listen. Pay attention. Don't just stand there!!! Act on your situations. That's the purpose of paying attention. What you bring into your circumference and what you take out of it. The next person matters if they are in plain sight of you... at all times. Doesn't matter whether or not they matter to you. Life happens like a domino effect. Be mindful of where you stand.
Man Up:
I've heard that no woman has the right to say "man up". Well I beg to differ. When I have spent most of my life watching my mother and aunts performing (so-called) "manly duties" and I have spent my life following in their footsteps performing my own "manly duties", I feel that I have every right to tell both my son AND daughter to "man up". There is no time in this world to sit back and complain, whine, pout, or to wait around on someone else. Period. If shit needs to get done, then do it. Life could be far worse than the fact that you feel the world isn't kissing your ass. Life could be far worse than you not being able to afford some unnecessary shit. (My motto: if you can't afford it or even make ways to afford it, then it's unnecessary) I've witnessed people in college who made it through without books for certain classes. Talk about manning up! You have to do what you have to by all means necessary to live a life that is comfortable for you. So man up.
Be Consistent:
Consistency is a word that contains elasticity. It can be flipped and altered or contorted to be be suitable within yourself at all cost. If something works for you, no matter how hard it is or how crazy it makes you look, stick to it. Remember that trouble don't last always and everyone has to hustle. People tend to get off track when additional distractions are brought about. People, sex, money, stress, anything. To be honest, nothing in this world is a "jaw-dropper". Everything is just a repetitive act of history meaning that at some point, it already happened. What's the surprise in that? The only surprise is, you may have never seen it before BUT in the meantime, it shouldn't effect you. No one/happening should have the rights to claim to make or break you. To sum all of this up... be consistent in your attitude towards life. Be consistent in your personality and effects that you have on others. Never adjust to change. Change should adjust to you.
Avoid Dependency:
Mommy will always be here. No doubt in my mind unless my time expires before their need to confide in me. BUT my babies should always remember no one's word is their bond. A promise is just another word that also has a definition amongst the thousands in the Webster Dictionary. Count on yourself because no one is going to look out for you the way you look out for yourself. Once you become dependent on the next person, you lose sight of yourself and the path at which you were riding. It's harder to snap back from latching onto someone else's tit rather than just trying to milk the cow on your own. ALWAYS be WILLING to milk the cow. Dependency puts people in a vulnerable position. A position that puts the person with the upper hand in control of you, your time, and your space. Always look to yourself for that guidance. Avoid dependency.
Blood is thicker than water
I have 2 sisters. I'm the oldest and a lot of male cousins. When it came down to my confrontations and any time I just needed a friend, one things about it... I could always look to my family. I put my 2 here (Superior and Blessing) for each other. Nevermind the route to which they got here. My plan worked. Not ever should I see, hear or feel that someone's back was turned on the other. My blood run through their veins and that flow should never be disturbed. No friend, money, wife, husband, NOTHING should pry either of the 2 away from their brother/sister. Sure enough will I tumble over in my grave. If I leave nothing else behind, I would feel comfortable leaving this Earth knowing that my babies have an unbreakable bond like no other and that MY blood flows like GLUE!!!
And there you have it. The Survival Of The Fittest. Think I'm a tough mommy? Think it's too early in the years to have such strong-minded children? Try meeting them in person. LOL!! You are in for a treat.
Until next time bloggers...


No comments:
Post a Comment