I had an epiphany, I believe started yesterday as I was walking through the store AND THEN I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Today I want to list some scenarios that just crawled under my skin for whatever reason and how common sense should play a serious role....
First Case Scenario: It's been a rough couple of months and I have yet to get this financial budgeting bullshit down pact. I'm so far from where I need to be and nowhere near where I'm going (lol) make sense? Anyway, school started last week for the kids. Everyone goes through this whole big ass commotion over new clothes for school and who got the hottest sneaks and outfits on the first day. I admit, I fall in line to an extent. I do belive in starting off the new year with a fresh and new start, but to go through the whole fashion law book for a 7 year old who is going to wear these fresh pair of Jordans out before Christmas gets here, I think it's a bit much. I'm walking through the store looking at Rocawear shirts that cost $27.99 and Jordan windsuits that are $40 bucks a pop. These are actually good prices given for namebrand items and compared to what they really cost in the real stores, however, what the hell makes you think you can still afford the shit? You would have to buy a shirt each paycheck or maybe that's just my paycheck. I have bought 2 outfits for my son for cheaper than $27.99 or right at it. This is crazy! So I begin to think, who the hell came up with the whole idea about having to buy new clothes for the first day of school? I say give their asses uniforms and call it a day. It's not like you are buying a total of 180 outfits to wear each day that they are there. They will be in new shit right on up until the second week of school and then what? You bring out the old shit if you haven't already. And don't forget, the items we consider to be "school clothes" are precious. We all have heard, those are your school clothes or shoes, take them off when you get home or don't play outside in those new shoes. Well... why the hell not? Geez Louise... here I am in a state of depression for meaningless material bullshit which never meant shit to me but somehow I'm projecting it off onto my babies... talk about a hypocrit....
Second Case Scenario: I make big deals out of small things. Let's focus this subject on Pop-Tarts. My babies loves themselves some Pop-Tarts. This is a must have in the house, especially on school days when Superior pops up out the bed. He's a busy body and doesn't usually sit still long enough for anything.. so the Pop-Tart suits him just fine (although loaded with sugar, something he definitely doesn't need) Anywho, this particular morning, I looks in the cabinet and there is one Pop-Tart in there. I bought 2 boxes over the weekend. It was okay for this box to be gone, however... where was my backup box of Pop-Tarts? So due to the hurricane, we all camped out at our other house where the other portion of the immediate family lives. I called that morning to find out if the other box had been left there. The answer was "no". Ok thats fine. I coordinated the last Pop-Tart in with his clothes and such that I lay out every morning. Had I had another Pop-Tart, it would have went into my daughters bag and off to the sitter she goes. Well I just hooked her up with some oatmeal (which is another essential) for breakfast and off we go. I hops in the car and here is one of the Pop-Tarts being eaten like it is the best meal one could ever come across. Not that I didn't have the money to buy a $1.00 box of Pop-Tarts or $2.50, depending upon what grocery store you shop at, but I had already made something readily available for my babies. A plan that was mastered at the beginning of last weeks week ending, and here we are at the beginning of a new week and my plan has failed. My eyes widened like, this is my babies food and you are eating it when I specifically called (at 5:50 a.m) to ask was they left behind... Need I say more?
The average, most naive person would read this blog and read only about the material and not the common sense that we all should have about the situation as a whole. Material possessions will always stick out moreso than most factors of life. When, in all, it was never about the material... it was only about the thought in itself. Either you have common sense enough to understand the title and the story behind it or you have a lack of sense and how much kicks you can get out of it because the focal point of a big situation was on a minor material possession. Now let's see how much of an understanding one can gain off what they would think in the little peon brains of theirs about the situation as a whole.. I bet they wouldn't be able to get pass the fact that what LOOKS like it may be the subject matter, really isn't. You don't find too many people in this world with a deeper level of thinking. Everything will always be on the surface because what you see is what you get, right? LOL!! I won't answer that question. No matter if you answer and include a definition with it on top of an example.... they still won't get it.
No one can really say that they KNOW me. I don't usually speak my mind about a lot of things unless asked and even then, I sometimes don't answer because I already know that it's not going to make much of a difference. No one usually takes heed to how they have such a huge amount of effect on the next persons life whether big or small or how well they know you or not. No one ever looks at the BIG picture. That's where those sayings come to play "think before you speak", "actions speak louder than words", "think before you act" all of that shit. I am highly observant, overly emotional, and a down right bitch when it comes to the smallest details that I feel make a hell of a big ass difference in my life and especially my babies. Usually where (a lot of what most would consider to be) "common sense" would or should take place. I'm one of those people where if you mention something and I know I can help or I know that it can be done, I just do it. You wouldn't even have to ask. Common sense! I don't offer, I don't lend, I don't ask for cash back and I'm so in tuned with what you already have going on in your life that I have mapped out a shit load of scenarios on how to make things better and workout for you IF I play my part (which I remind you, was never assigned in the first place) I merely used my common sense and decided to take action. And where I get things confused is expecting to get the same treatment in return. smh
I think that I need to go to a seminar for learning to say "no" or to project off the uncaring and selfish ways that other people never realize themselves doing. Purposely and continuously have the "ditzy blonde" moments so that nobody would just automatically expect the good out of me or to even have sense enough to realize exactly whats going on around me. *whew* and this is just Phase 1. I'm sure I will experience a plenty more of these "lack of common sense" episodes... everyday, it happens more often than anyone would ever have the time to sit back and replay the scenario. Actually come to a realization that just by using even the smallest amount of common sense about certain situations, it could actually be a wonderful preventative measure towards making life a hell of a lot easier for both you and me.
To be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment