Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And He Said....

He said...
Babe,.... I appreciate you
your intellect, your style, your smile
the smerks on your face, even the frowns

I'm just..... loving your warm and grace
And I appreciate your hello's, your goodbye's
your mad face, your sad face
your straight face, especially your glad face!

Love how you just tinkle sprinkle the salt on my food
tap the bottom of the pepper shaker when it's acting so rude

I appreciate the expensive soaps
Dove and its.... extra moisturizing exfoliates
the music in the background, the drum that beats to every step
as you.... clean house (laugh)
parading with broom in hand and.... the dust pan
and I chokes from the intoxication of inhaling clorox, the pine sol and febreeze

Then...

breakfast in the morning

and I appreciate my.... eggs scrambled with cheese
turkey sausage
french toast
maybe grits....

Then he said...

I appreciate the no-elbow-room at night
laying up under me, snugged in so tight
in the crease of the bed and my back
nose in my armpit...
cuddling and giggling to nick at nite
George Lopez and the Nanny?... only you
But I appreciate
the morning breathe
quick flashes of flesh from the bed to the bathroom

I appreciate you for appreciating me
Knowing when I'm down, at my best, and right... in... the... middle
for reserving a piece of your brain for me
excepting my faults and ignoring the flaws...

forgiving my crimes

I love that I can... appreciate you
I appreciate that I can.... love you
and you love me

because without you I would be so unappreciated... so he said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Candi i love this! I read for myself and related the whole situation. finger pop! finger pop!!!!

Char