Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why Does It Matter?


Election Day was May 8th in the state of North Carolina to vote on Amendment One, in which "defines marriage as the union of a man and a woman". Normally I keep my nose out of political issues and the newspaper because for 1) I feel as if this is a fucked up ass Judicial System and as I have stated before, 2) I would just rather not know. But when I come to work, just to hear people celebrating the fact that a law was passed (as if it wasn't already illegal for same-sex marriages in this state anyway) in order to define/choose for you who you can and cannot devote your life to, I find it to be rather ignorant. Who cares? Why should it matter who one person chooses to spend their life with? It's them! Their life to live! And it's an ultimate headache on top of that, when others try to bring religion into the factor. Not that I don't believe in My God, however, everyone is NOT a Saint. If you find this post to sound like a pissed Sense So Common, then you are damn right!

I have blogged about this before. You can refer to Sense So Common's "Gay Is The New Straight" and "Banned From The Gates For Love: Homosexualtiy". (Sorry, you will have to search for it, I have yet to figure out how to post the links, lol) As if there isn't more important things to discuss, how can you base an election on Gay Rights or not having rights? People worry about the wrong things. North Carolina ruled out with 70% of the votes. 70!!! They protested, organized marches, and basically humiliated the gay community as if they are not people with feelings. We can compare this to Women's Rights or we can even take it back as far as to the days of slavery and Civil Rights. We have old ass Polygamist men who are marrying 12 year old little girls and drug dealers who are gaining more prison time than murderers. Someone please tell me where the justice lies in that? We have people that have not gained there lives back due to the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. Here, in my little town, we have communities that were never rebuilt due to Hurricane Floyd.... ruined over 10 years ago, might I add. The unemployment rate here is ridiculously high and no one has nothing to offer other than to let you know that there is nothing they can do about it. And you mean to tell me that the focal point here is whether or not gay people should marry? I can rant all day with the errors of this corrupt, bullshit ass system, but I don't think that there would be enough internet space for all of that.

At the end of the day, everyone lives their lives according to the way that they would like to live their lives. No one is fucking with you or over-ruling your household, so why should it matter what goes on in someone else's? You don't like it? Don't associate yourself with it. Don't look it at. Don't talk about it. Before long, they will be telling us how many kids we can have or what kind of foods we can eat. Maybe they'll be telling us what we can and can't wear or even what race of people we are allowed to date and marry. A land of freedom?! Someone tell me where?

I commend Obama on stating his insights behind it all, but it doesn't make much of a difference if our very own President has no control over the damage that has already been done. Forget it. I'll just leave the rest of my $0.02 in my pocket and continue to do what I've been doing: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.

Until next time bloggers.... United, We Stand Canned, smh

No comments: