Monday, May 7, 2012

Effort-less Effort


People move so fast within their day to, basically, attend to someone else's needs. Just when you are thinking that it is all about you and you're doing something productive for yourself, the real reality of the situation is you are actually acting as someone else's bitch. LOL, I can see the looks on your faces now. But, give me a second to explain and just sit back and marinate in the words that I'm about to shoot at you. I hate to be the dream-snatcher when everyone is sot in a mode to believe that their efforts to maintain a household, job, relationship, or even a family are to make peace within yourself so that "you and yours" could have a comfortable life. But that goes without asking, how else does the world go round?

A typical day, for me, would start off with my irritating ass alarm going off at 5:15 a.m. I'm a morning person, but only after a certain hour, so I have to extend that extra hour to get my feet on the floor. I wake my son up to ready for school, get myself ready for work, pack my daughter's bag and pick up whatever extra's on my way out the door (if I don't forget) before attempting this half hour drive. My efforts or the reason why I do the things that I do the way that I do them is effort-less, but never the less, it's an effort. Follow me readers. I wake up 2 hours earlier so that I can make sure my son goes to an awesome school in another county. I'm his bitch and proud of it LOL!! My daughter sleeps peacefully in the bed, all while I pack her bag with the goodies she loves to eat and a freshly ironed outfit, only to get dirty, while she's at the babysitter. I'm her bitch. I rush to drop my son off, quick kiss, rush to drop my daughter off with a quick kiss and in full speed, I'm off to work. Now, I'm corporate's bitch! You see the picture here? Or should I continue... I spend the next 8 hours kissing the snootiest of asses, clock out and reverse effect everything that I did that morning. Head back to the starting line and commence to the upkeep of my house and children until bedtime.

I believe that this leads me into asking, what would life be like if I never put forth an effort to do anything extra/out of the ordinary/extreme? Would people look at me as if I am lazy or even selfish? Would they talk shit about me as if my brain doesn't make an effort to contribute the necessary endorphins in order to feel? There comes a point when you have to sit back and re-evaluate the rituals that which you have protested for so long. In the process, people become spoiled and expect for you to complete your methods of effort. Uusally for the sake of themselves. And whether or not you believe your efforts are for the betterment of yourself, it doesn't concern the next person what the motive is behind the fight. If it were just me, I have no idea where I would be or what I would be doing. I can assure you that I wouldn't be here OR doing this, lol. But no matter where we are, we find most people pushing forth extra efforts for a completion of what? No matter how much a person feel's they have accomplished, no one will ever be satisfied with what they have. Everyone strives to gain more. And I'm still a little confused as to exactly what "more" is? But if I reference back to my mornings, I consider my "more" to be driving those extra miles for my son or simply buying those extra clothes when my baby girl embeds those grass stains in the knee of her pants. Let's take those efforts away and tell me what I am left with, a son who constantly get's suspended from school and a dirty daughter. Hmmph? I guess it would be safe to say that we are never left with much of a choice.


So the moral of this story is: take heed of the effort. What comes off as a usual daily function could actually have more meaning behind it than just another chore that has to be done or even a project that wanted to be done. People spend enough time wasting their own time on others that waltz around like their shit don't stink. Trust me when I say I know, first hand, what these types are like. And I can also tell you that there is nothing like your effort turning out as "effort-lesser" (made that up, but you get the point lol) than when you began. In all honesty, I'm really saying this nicely, because what I could say is, "don't be an ungrateful ass, bastard." But I love you guys and I feel that the things I write about are somewhat important, lol. So I only speak from the heart and I don't like having ass and bastards near my heart. LOL!!

So, until next time bloggers.... signing off effortlessly. Whose your bitch?! ;)

No comments: