Monday, December 26, 2011

A Stripper's Monologue

Don't you wish you knew what they were thinking?


*in the car listening to Jill Scott's Lyzel in E flat* pulling into the parking lot. Parks and cuts off car.

[*smacks lips* uughh another night, I hope these mutha-fuckas are paying]

Opens door, "Hey Mike, how you doin? Wassup John-John, Flex..." continues walking through the club to back doors.

[Damn it's cold!... Whhaaattt?! early are we? got me a seat! know thats right, grind-mode biiitcchheesss] sits down at the vanity [where the hell is my eyeliner? Shit!] snatches the liner out of her bag and began to apply [Lord, please let me have a good night.... let's see... pay my car insurance, oh yeah, pick up some damn groceries. I know them bitches done ate up all my food, *chuckles* gotta love'em.] begins to hum tune to Jill Scott.

turns around in chair, "Whaddup, bitches?! Has Jackie got here yet? Need her to powder my ass?" slides out from vanity and walk to the make-up room. "Hey Jackie! Can you touch my ass up for me?" Turns facing the wall and leans forward. [*laughs* that tickles.... time for the pump up. gotta make this money. Lord, please let me have a good night] admires body and ass in the mirror, "All done?... Thanks girl," walks over to DJ booth, "Frank, you can go ahead and put me in. Here go my cds, numbers on the top. Thanks babe......"

*Waka Flockas Round of Applause fills the air*
Up next is THE.BEAUTIFUL.TASTY.SEXY... "Caaannnnnddddddeeeeeyyyyy"


[Alright, here I go. wow, pretty simple I guess.... whew... this crowd is dead.... liven the party, gotta liven the party.... Shit! need some stage action. him.no.him.naw... oh hell naw!.... ok here we go... bust it...bust it...bust it..... clap, clap, clap, clap. *chuckles* silly ass nigga] walks across stage [guess they gon make me work tonight. ooo he's cute too *laughs* hol' up! I know this mu'fucka ain't touchin?! that's extra dummy... hmph, bet he gotta girl at home, too. poor baby.] looks across the room [damn! his pockets look heavy... I'm comin to get'cha shopping spree *laughs*] turns around looking at the cutie [alrite cuteface, let's wrap it up, plenty to go around.... think I'll call Tone when I get off, see what he up to. yeah, I think I will.... ok moneymaker, bring it this way] walks to the edge of the stage [I think it's calling for rain tonight. might as well pull my tricks out now.... damn, I should have gotten my nails done today. need a fill-in.... some ugly ass mutha' fuckas up in here ton...... heeey, there goes my biggest fan! His old ass is G'd up *laughs* nigga must of just got paid, umph.... on my "to-get" list.] adjusting money in garter [Damn! I knew I was forgetting something, my fuckin' rubberband.... eeewww... this mutha'fucka stinks, ok baby... keep it movin'.... wtf, these mirrors are filthy!... uughh, just what I don't need, Sir-Touch-A-Lot....] makes the "stink" face, then turns and inspects the mirrors again [hmmmm, Manny must of been off today.... oh well, a bitch is still lookin' hella sexy.... Lemme dance wit' myself for a minute.... oo, was that a new move? work it girl *chuckles* oh my gosh, I'm silly..]

picks up dress and lingering dollars laying on the stage, looks back and wave at the crowd.... [dumb ass niggas *laughs* welp... that went well *sighs*]

disappears behind curtains....

4 comments:

Jay said...

Oh my! I've never imagined what a stripper is thinking before and during work. In fact, I've never thought about strippers much...but this was an interesting post. I'm sure it's close to some of the things they really do think and do while going through the motions.

I'm curious...what inspired you to write this? ;)

Candi said...

LOL!! another slow day at work J ;)

But really, this use to be me... years ago. The monologue is a little deeper (to me) than what it projects.

Dancing is considered to be a slutty job, filled with hoes and such, homewreckers. No matter what job you are working at, when you are dealing with the public, no one stops to think about the employee: what they're thinking, what they have to go through on a daily basis. A dancer/stripper's intentions aren't to wreck a home or see how many suga daddies they can pull, they work to make a living just like "regular" people.

I love strippers! I love women and the sensual illusions that we can pull off. I just wanted to capture the realness behind the job. Most of these women aren't even thinking about sex or anything sex-related.

Jay said...

That's what's up! I've never interacted with any strippers before...that I know of, but I know they definitely get a bad rep. I'd luv to discover the other side and the woman at the root.

I don't know how you would feel about discussing that, but I'd definitely be interested in knowing more.

Candi said...

I'm always open to answer anything. No shame in my game. I get dirty looks from people who don't even know me, so I'm quite sure the reactions from this wouldn't phase me much LOL!!!

Whatever you want to know, just ask. Nothing's ever too personal.