"Click-ships": friendships created by way of relationships with people who are in clicks(made that up LOL) Friendships are built within these "clicks" and only last as long as the relationship does. Let me see if I can explain this in a manor that which everyone will understand. Examples could include "Basketball Wives", "Love and Hip-Hop", or "Goodfellas" is a good one, to say the least. Anyways, these females weren't long-time besties. They probably didn't even know each other before whenever. Somewhere down the line, because they were all a wife/GF/whatever, they felt the need to stick with "their own kind." Some become friends, some become enemies, and some just don't mesh at all. But, it all boils down to the fact that these clicks were built because they all had something in common. They all are in relationships with men of one circle.
Before I go on, let me give you the run down about me. I'm a very loyal person. I take pride in the effort that I put into people. I cherish the effort that people put back into me. It's like picking the right house to purchase. It's a long-term committment. You have to see yourself in this house with your feet kicked up and how much of the comforts you will gain from being in this location. You have to know what you are willing to sacrifice when putting everything that you have saved up, into this home you are creating. Every minor detail that people take for granted, I take very serious... to extremes. It's very hard for me to fix my mouth to even claim someone as a "friend". That word carries the most frightening horrors that are as bad as admitting you are in love with someone for the first time. If you've read any of my post, you may hear me talking about the very few amount of friends that I have. I have 2. Seriously! 2 friends! These are the only people outside of my family that I talk to. One which I have known since high school, the other for the past 5 years or so. So, you can just about imagine how fun-filled my life is round about now.
Moving on, I have encountered more than just a few of these "click-ships". I do admit, this is a woman thing. Don't ask me why, because I have no clue as to how this shit just always end up working like this. You rarely see guys coming together with the boyfriends of the girls in HIS girl's click. Anyways, "woman" meets a "guy", "guy" then introduces her to his friends. Somewhere down the line, "guy" and friends have made plans to all do something together: somebody's birthday/cookout/club night/something... anyways, "woman" is invited. Here in the place, "woman" is then introduced to the rest of the gang. Second meet of the friends and now their "girls". Thus we have the "click-ship". "Guys" are entertained without having to hear their girls mouth about whatever because they are busy chit-chatting it up and getting along like good "housewives" should. SMH.....
Anywho, shit gets deep. Just as long as your relationship last, so does this "click-ship". You girls are doing it up like besties! Watching each other kids, girls night outs, attending parties and planning family events, going on trips and shit. Putting your real friends off to do shit as a group. BUT... what happens when your relationship goes bye-bye? Are we really friends or was this just a front to please our man? Sounds more like some fake shit to me. You can call me an-ti, you can call me stuck-up. I'll participate, but don't expect the extras. But in this case, who do you call when all is said and done? Would it be right to call your girl from the "click-ship"? After you get off the phone with her, she's only going to go back to her man and discuss what the 2 of you just discussed. This then leads back to your, now, ex. Which could possibly create another "Core of Conflict"... Damn! I'm good! Never underestimate the quiet types ;)
Back to the focal point. Where are they now? These are the bitches who cried with you when you and dude had your first fist fight, they were there when the first baby was born... Shit! you guys, altogether, were a family of your very own. But let's not be naive. The only reasons you girls had even met in the first place, was due to the fact that your boyfriends or what have you, just so happen to be best friends. So, if the "guys" are not linking up... then neither are you and your "click-ship" girl. When all was said and done, who called after you keyed his car? Who came and checked on you when you destroyed the house "Madea-style"? Who called you when you bawled your eyes out for a week straight? No one. OK... I take that back. Your real friends check on you. But the same way your man disappeared, so did them bitches. And where are they now? Oh, that's easy. Them bitches still in their salty ass relationships making sure that their shit is good and they don't end up like you. And if you ask me, it doesn't get any better than not having to put up with extra people and more obligations just to keep a relationship maintained. No woman is put here to cater to your friends and their girlfriends. Looks to me like there are a lot of people that has a lot of growing up to do.
Really?! Who needs friends?! Fake ass ones, at that. I'll just stick with the two that I have. Until next time bloggers... stay loyal.


2 comments:
I'm with you. I prefer to keep a small circle. Not everyone is your friend, but the people who truly are should be the ones you never want to let go of.
Those superficial friendships can be such a waste of time, especially since they usually come with an expiration date.
Exactly, I've been shitted on by so many people, it's ridiculous. I'm my own psychologist, so I think that's why I've drawn in and shy'd away from people, period.
I think that's why I love writing so much... I don't have anyone to talk to LMAO!!! Sad, I know.
My bestie from high school has been there through thick and thin. Love her to death!! I don't know what I would do without her. My other was like an angel sent, she has saved me so many times when I was struggling with my daughter.
I recognize the true value of people. I just wish that other people looked at things the way that I do.
Post a Comment