Based off of assumptions, the "Joneses" were the shit! LMAO!!! So being the "thinker" that I am, I had to find out who these people were, so that I can see how and why they are so notoriously famous for.... hmm! whatever it is that they are famous for. So I did what I do best at work,
Clearly, Arthur R. "Pop" Momand, the author of this comic strip tells us in a sublime form how cliche'd life is and can be. There had to be a reason why they never met the "Joneses" and why shit always, somehow, got fucked up when trying to imitate what they assumed the "Joneses" to be doing. You still with me? How are you feeling now? lol. Anyways, the main characters were made out of asses for the entire 26 years that this comic strip ran... too busy trying to keep up with the damn "Joneses". I'm going to get to my point, but I had to school you on this history for a quick second. So here they are looking like asses, while the "Joneses" are doing what? EXACTLY!!! You don't know right? LLS!! I swear I am the shit!!
Now, let's tackle some reality situations here. In my opinion... and this is just my opinion, there are lots of things that can and should be done in moderation to achieve a particular image, if that's what you strive for. I just don't see how someone can want something so bad that they are willing to sacrifice the necessities to get what they want and really don't need. I sit back and watch people around me who continuously flaunt their definition of glitz and glam, while in the meantime, there are other people that you just can't front for because they know your personal. Let me give you an example:
There was this girl who began working for the same company I work for. Now, I don't go out often but I had just recently went to a comedy show and seen her there. She's not cute and really jiggly, but not really fat (if you can draw a picture from that) Either way, it looks really sloppy, but that's besides the point. Her hair was done and she had on a cute outfit, nice shoes, makeup done... the works! You would quickly be under the assumption that she got her shit together. Right? Well once she began working, the pigeons start talking. For some odd reason, I'm the go-to person and it's probably because they know I stay to myself, although, I am really friendly. So one ear was filled with, her lights are off. The other filled with, she doesn't have her kids because she can't afford to keep her utilities paid or food in the fridge. I'm thinking, how can you not keep food in the fridge if you receive foodstamps? I couldn't resist asking. She sells them to go get her hair and nails done so that she can go to the club. Really?!??!!I wasn't sure how to process the information, but right before one of the pigeons flew away, they tweeted out, too busy trying to keep up with the Joneses. And although I had heard this figure of speech more times than one, it kind of made me wonder, "who are these people?!"
I find it really hard to believe that a drink and a 2 step outside of your humble abode can be any more comfortable. Maybe I'm just a little overly pride-ful about things that I have worked so hard for. Pretending to be someone that you're not or someone who doesn't even exist, goes far, far beyond simple imagination. Not only are we ALL getting weighed down in a world that is clearly unaffordable, we're getting lost in debt and the real reality of life when it starts to actually kick your ass. And that bitch can fight!!! You fell behind on your bills because you just had to have a bottle of Ciroc. You couldn't afford that new alternator for your car because you just had to have a new outfit to attend the concert. And where you lack the necessary, you lack common sense because with or without this flashy bullshit that everyone keeps chasing after, how much more broke or stupid are you going to look with eviction notices plastered on your door while you are sitting in the dark? You find most "Jones' "chasers screaming, "you only get one life to live". Well that is true, but the last thing I would want people to remember about me is how I spent many of my days trying to fit in or be included. That my cause of death was due to stress because I was not able to pay my bills... but nevertheless, I was the life of the fucking party!! Nope. Can't do it. The Joneses can kiss my ass.
Until next time bloggers...


No comments:
Post a Comment