
A few days ago, I was reading one of my favorite blogs SnarkySnatch. This particular post, Funny thing happened on the way to my vagina someone visited my snatch, she explains to her audience about her meeting this awesome guy and how she felt the need to either keep her blog discreet as possible or to either let it go. Tough, tough decisions!! The audience responded with wonderful feedback suggesting that she follow her heart and proceed with her new found love or to be up front about who she is and the awesome image she maintains, and that he would just have to except it. Although things didn't quite work in the order that she intended, if you continue to read the posts thereafter, you will see that she still got the best of both worlds. *sigh* What a dream come true. Now on with this soap opera...

It is wonderful to meet new people that have the same interest as you do, or better yet, share the same language. But that doesn't call for marriage, lol! Honestly, I never would have understood the seriousness behind the art form of writing or poetry (even though I have been writing for years) if I never would have began blogging. I always viewed it as one of those weird habits that I contained. Something will come to mind and then I would go write it down on a peice of paper. I guess it had to be some good shit, being as though, I still have those peices of paper. I had no friends that shared the same interest, no family that shared the talent... just me. But never the less, once I shared my work, they enjoyed it. Stepping into this world with high hopes of gathering my thoughts so that I could, one day, write a book (every bloggers dream, lol), I quickly found out that, words are more powerful than a weapon made of steel and the gain of an audience is like luxury. Totally different ballgame. Be careful and mindful of the things that you say and write about, while writing about the shit your audience really wants to hear. Really?! Is that even possible? So I write about what and who I know best, myself. And when reading most blogs, that usually turns out to be the headliner... yourself. While in the meantime, we find that there are really some interesting people out here (in a good way) whether we know them personally, or not.
My reasons for rambling? Encouraging words can become not so encouraging when people fault you for speaking a language that they do not understand. Instead of reading and focusing on the concept or the creativity put into the art, they are moreso focused on the "is it me" factor. It kind of make you second guess your reason's for jumping in the business in the first place (or including them, at all) when all you wanted to do was write and relate. Once your business prospers, your words mean something and people begin to look to you for that assurance. Let's go see what SSC is chatting about today, or Up4Dsn, SnarkySnatch, or Kenny'sPUA Kiss & Tale Adventures. No matter what they are talking about, they serve a purpose. That purpose may have begun with ourselves in mind, but it ends with the fact that you now have a shit load of people following you and concerned with your well-being or whatever subject matter that your blog references . Ha Ha!! So I guess it's safe to say, I'm kind of a big deal, slightly famous.. you know? Slightly! We all are.

As my journey pushes forward, I'm finding out that anything that has the ability to seemingly pull you out of your original conformity, is always going to be a threat to the people surrounding you (ie: fam and friends) in real life, as opposed to your virtual surroundings. I'm still me. I haven't changed but I do have a new subject to talk about when conversing with friends and fam. Bloggers are able to feed off of each other's energies and ideas. Relate. Whereas, your writing format or words usually never make a difference to the people outside of that circle. And that's okay, until the separation turns into division and we are, then, left under the assumption that we have to choose. Which brings me back to SnarkySnatch, I'm beginning to understand the confusion. And even if you have no idea who I am or who I reference within anything that I write about, how long ago it happened or even if it was just yesterday, how good it is or how much it sucks... things are not so entertaining on this end of the computer screen. Explanations aren't necessary when everyone reads and processes information differently. I guess it comes with the job, but I continuously return to the thing I feel so passionately about because I love what I do and there are actually other people that love it too. I thought I was working for free, but it makes sense now; everything comes with a price.
Until next time bloggers... don't read a book, Read Me!!
3 comments:
Very introspective post Candi. I know I enjoy reading each of your posts. You have a very unique voice and it needs to be heard. Keep doing what you do best!
Thanks J!
I believe that it's so surprising how people can twist and turn words. So of course I had to voice my opinion on the manor in a subtle way so not to offend anyone, LOL!!
I've enjoyed what I've read so far...and that keeps me coming back!!
Post a Comment