Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Would you date yourself?

An overthinker's random thought came to me (the overthinker) yesterday. I decided to test this thought/question on someone to see if it would be answered with every bit of honesty one could pull from within. I realized off gate I was pretty much setting myself up for disappointment. I know, all too well, that the truth can and does hurt. I like truth! I live for that rush! I came to the conclusion that if you can't be honest with yourself, then you can't be honest with absolutely no one... not even God, himself. Ugh! Got taken away there for a minute. I'm not trying to preach here so back to the point: the question was, "would you date yourself?" Need elaboration? Knowing every possible thing that there is to know about "you", what you do behind closed doors, the sneaky shit you have done behind someone's back (particularly your partners), the nice things that you do when you are in a relationship or dating someone, anything and everything, good and bad. Given all of this info and putting yourself in the predicaments that you place upon other people whether or not you care deeply for them, could you see yourself being with someone like yourself? Apply yourself to yourself the way that you apply yourself to any other person/partner/whoever and answer TRUTHFULLY, do you think you could see you with "you". LOL!! Hope I didn't confuse you.



I'll proceed with the convo. Well, so you know, the bickering "conversation" didn't end on good terms. I knnnoooww this question could still be answered dishonestly. But clearly drawing out an image of the situations and the circumstances that you may have endured during whatever time period or are enduring at the present, there is no way that you could work around a lie that consists of the infliction of pain and neglect on someone else. (You've seen 48 hrs interrogations) Especially if it is pain and neglect that you know you would have no patience to put up with yourself. This answer starts out as, "yes, I would date myself because I am a good person." My thoughts to this answer is >>> is that the best bullshit you could come up with?! A relationship is not based on the fact that you are a good person. Even the craziest of convicts down in Riker's have some small ounce of good at heart. Either way, it's not enough. This is the reason dumb ass people in relationships stay with someone that they know have cheated on them... because they are a good person. LOL!! I mean really?! I know you didn't think I was going to say because they love them.

My response: I hits him back with the scenario/crime scene that's under investigation....

"Sooooo, it would be ok for your partner to be in the limelight all the time and have men swarming around her 24/7 with the least amount of respect for you? Knowing that you are her man but she doesn't do anything to stop it? Wouldn't you feel some type of way?" I also want to add we aren't talking about no Beyonce here.

Here is where the question gets tough and the culprit is not necessarily caught up in a lie but they have no choice but to tell the truth. They don't even have the slightest idea that the real-deal hurtful truth is falling out of their mouths. Like I said before, there is no way you can work around lying about inflicting pain and neglect on someone. I would like to also add that with this scene taking place, that "good person" bullshit flies right out the damn door. Be honest with yourself... as stated before in
Liars, cheaters and thieves
. Please tell me where "good person" falls into category with this person? In all honesty, my opinion, "good person" would be focused on making sure that all of the people in their home remain "good people". Because NOW.. no one can point the finger when the other is out cheating. Don't forget though, we're talking about a "good person here." LOL! Just saying *shrugs shoulders*

The convo goes on. Only for a few more (LMAO!!, this is going to be hilarious) TEXTS!!! (I'll save that for another blog) OMG!!! LMAO!! whew! I'm stupid! So anywho, not to reveal too much info (I'm already borderline). After the answer was given, I know that there is no possible way a relationship could rekindle and there is no way, in hell, we can be friends (at least not the friends we have been) The response, I felt, leaned towards me not fulfilling a duty that I've always felt I overdid. Remember: I am the caterer. WoW!!! *flabbergasted and thinking*: are you referring to me? You feel that I don't stand by you? ~AND WE'RE BACK~ So... need I say more? No, really. I'm going to leave you with this... straight like that. << and that's me talking to you (the reader). This is not the text I sent back.

With all do respect, and I do not pass judgement on anyone. You know what type of person that you are. Face it! Every single person living has some type of bullshit, baggage, something with them. No one knows you like you do. Common sense people!!! You know when grimey shit is being dished out towards others and especially if it is dished out towards you. I stand a firm believer with every bone and nerve in my body that there is no way you can't possibly understand or even notice the flaws which you contain. And that, my friends, would be called "denial" if you feel you do not have flaws and that you are perfect. Sit back and think about the things that you feel you can or cannot share with another person. If you cannot share, then you are witholding secrets. Why are you witholding secrets? Think about how you treat people on a regular and if it was "you" on the other end of "you" giving off some smart ass remark after being asked a sincere question.

Let's assume that you are dating yourself: Would you go home to "yourself" and tell "you" that some random bitch/dude in the club came up and grabbed your crotch and you smiled at them? Would you be able to tell "yourself" that "you" flirted and spent most of your night hanging out, buying drinks and dancing with Bonkeisha? Maybe even slipped in a little necking... can't remember though, because you were too busy getting drunk and grabbing ass. Could you tell "yourself" that "you" dropped it like it was hot on the dance floor with Tyrone and you both exchanged numbers afterwards? Seriously people?... and if you were informed of the bullshit that "you" have just placed upon "yourself", what would you do? Are you going to stick around because "you" are a "good person"? Would you even trust "yourself"? And there you have it. Could you date yourself?

No comments: