Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Love: Now Hiring or Maybe Not
I read somewhere, not too long ago, that most men/women who has graduated from college ONLY wants to be with a man/woman who are "educated" as well (meant to be read in sarcastic form). LOL!! I also want to add that this wasn't a generally speaking comment being made. This was a comment coming from one person who simply stated what his preference was. My point begins here. Educated? Soooo... what they are really saying is that, if you did not attend and graduate from college, you are not educated on top of the fact that you would never be considered elegible of their acquaintance because you have no degree? Or at least educated the way they would like for you to be. I pondered this, over-thought about it, lol... tried to find another side of the story that I could read to uphold this shallow ass bastered's way of thinking. I got nothing. I don't know, I guess you like what you like which is fine. It's not like he was a love interest of mine. But, of course, HERE... we are generally speaking.
Everyone has their preferences whether they like to admit it or not. Whether it's coming from some sort of physical asset or an asset that involves chemistry. Me? I love lips and eyes, I find eyes to be very intriguing and damn near erotic to just stare at, read between the retinas... ok enough of that. I just don't know if I could fix my mouth to say that I only want someone who has a college degree. I have dated college graduates to drug dealers to high school dropouts to semi-pro league football players (who cares what their IQ score is, huh? lol) The amount of education that each person had, had absolutely nothing to do with the connection that we shared. College graduates aren't guranteed a nice personality or a great job after graduation and drug dealers aren't guaranteed to get locked up LOL!! I could relate on all ends of the scale and did not make comparison between what I thought was a higher standard (college grad) as opposed to what some people may think are of lower standards (drop-outs). Personality wise, you are not guaranteed to meet someone with a degree that is on the same level as you are. Are you only going to be with someone because of what accomplishments they have made or are you going to be with them because you all connect on a different level far beyond what any type of education can provide? In some type of aspect, isn't this almost the same thing as a gold-digger? Only difference is here, you're digging for achievements/namebrands/how good it's going to make you look. Either way you look at it, real love always find a way to make it work. Make sure you emphasize the word "REAL".
Half the shit you learn in school, you forget at least 3 to 5 years down the line (read that somewhere too) if you aren't using it on a day to day basis. Whose to say that you are not educated because you were not able to attend college for whatever the reasons may have been? Some people are more fortunate than others to have the money as well as the resources to help get them through such an expensive experience. Basically that is all that it is, an experience. I don't think it takes Calculus or Zoology to get you by in a relationship or life and I'm quite sure that these subjects will never be the headliner conversation at the dinner table. Geez!!
So what happens if you just so happen to meet someone who captivates your attention with all of this intellecutal, well-educated individuality, but has never stepped foot on a college campus? Where do you go from there? Are you so fuckin' ignorant, that you will try to stick to your guns and not except a person for who they are and the shit they do know, because (and let's make sure I get this right)they would have to have at least 126 credit hours completed on their transcripts?
Let's turn this focal point around and compare what you learn in college to what you learn in high school. The same courses you have in high school are the same exact courses that you have in college. However, the courses which you take in college are actually chapters of the high school books broken down and taught moreso in depth about that chapter's subject. The thing that most people ask about when you started out so young... you know the question... "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Well, I'm here to tell you that college doesn't teach you about the job. It talks about the products that surround or are contained within the company (a generalized overview) which is absolutely nothing compared to the experience that you get once you get through the door. In all honesty, you still, technically don't know shit about the company for which you work until you have gotten your foot through the door, gained your seniority and experienced the in's and out's of it.
I was educated by life! Am I a little offended by the remark that was made? Yes! Is it because I did not graduate from college? NO! Not that I have to prove myself, but A&T wasn't for me and I am actually a certified automotive techinician. ;) I have a desk job that has absolutely nothing to do with cars which proves the point that graduates aren't guaranteed a good job after they graduate, or even a job pertaining to their field of study. I am offended because that small-minded way of thinking shortens real people of the real reverance that they reserve for that significant other. Refusing to love someone because they do not have a college degree? That is not a job. No one is filling out job applications or submitting resumes to see who will be the best candidate or has the best credentials to be a wife or a husband. There are no college courses for specializing in marriage tactics or how Physics can be applied to great marital sex. I have seen plenty of people in many diffrent lines of work who are more than qualified with the book smarts but they do not contain the common sense to perform the job or apply the information in which they were taught. Wow!! Who is the uneducated one now?
Until next time bloggers... think I'll go look me up some college courses, now, so that I can hopefully find me a good husband one day. *kisses*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment