Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Battle Continues...

What she really had to say...


Narrarator (her): The technicalities within the wiring
computed the notions stating, "til death do us part"

So within those limitations
I withstood grounds to make a life that kept us stationed at the heart
Or so I thought,

Outlets lead to inlets and things grow apart
But my stationary declares Mr. and Mrs., so what team were you to start?

Manifested destinies for settling in it's bliss
Congratulated kisses and lists of fam and friends to assist

Well, then the road thereafter...
approached a minor fender bender
Where your laughter mattered, my stacks had shattered
because the road you sot after led nowhere near a timeshare

Where this 2-way street merged in at the median,
you blitzed left and commence to focus on your own dreams again

Her: I thought this was a together-thing
let's do it for the team
or maybe this was just your thing, thinking I had my own thing...
and like ol'timers, "just bring what you can bring"

Him: I'll take what you got
cause it'll fit good in this slot
Sorry bae... not this go round... all positions have been filled
There's no room... you know how the boys are... maybe some other time... just chill...
Her: So my asking, requesting, begging and pleading deems me as needy
How womanly of me to want my family to proceed in the trendy
How dare I downgrade your 1 track mindful ways of thinking,
I'm just here for the ride, your trophy, batting eyelashes and winking

I'm a little confused as to how you planned for us to progress
'cause when you rest, I'm stressed and suiting up for the next quest
Is this an over-reaction or selfishness at it's best

I expect every miniscule detail that I have request
I deserve every gargantuan thought I project

Lingering behind scenes, dodging limelights that gleam
Am I really here or is my visual really not what it seems
cause in my peripheral, I see outsiders being let in
and my rearview show flashes of me bringing things to an end

I've been listed in every man's corner as the significant wifey type
laundry and cleaning along with the revealing as being some vixen's prototype,
common sense of great value, skills to listen and shed knowledge on your trife
uplifting with my insights and yet, my words still take flight

100 proof to your 8 percent taste testing
prepping kids for school and cooking while simultaneously sex-texting
Your ooh to your aahhs and still I'm collecting sublime messaging
Still a little confused as to where's my place setting

Narrarator (her): My I's had turned to We's
and while you're at it, add the additional "us" to the trust
and the "you" and "me's" without "them" felt like more than just pure lust

"I don't" turned to "I do's", you won't? ok... "I will's"
these things aren't done for just a bunch of cheap thrills

Her: I completed the list of shit you needed...
Narrarator (her): and to no avail, WE proceeded...
but without the necessary to be completed
dilapidated businesses and marketing depletion

Her: But somehow my love won't let me leave you...

it's becoming a little frustrating lingering here on 2nd base
impatience is setting in, so just state your case

maybe this is a joke, go ahead and place your bet
3 strikes and no homerun yet
no field goal or 3 point shot right up to the last sec

Forgive me if I'm wrong , but I thought we strived for the same trek
pulled off interns, collaborated studies and came up with the same specs
aced in honors chemistry from the first day that we met

I'm carrying loads your friends never knew exist
I'm a little taken back, maybe even a little pissed
never knew I had to wait in line, or keep my guards up in defense
this whole scenario is becoming a little whimsical and of false pretense

because where I believed this foundation held faith to be true...
in other settings, I'm finding I can't count on you
is this a double life, or do you really have no clue
I understand it takes time to seperate the two

does your growing up and adulthood consist of moving forward with them
'cause I can easily consolidate in my own creme de la creme
there should be no weapons form against the root to your stem
while I still make ways to concur sparkle to your gems

Narrarator (her): should we take a break, or continue making way for a chance
I admit it's a little redundant to be battling bromance

No comments: