Monday, December 24, 2012
So Cliche', But Christmas Is Here
Christmas is here and I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself. I've put in my part for charity, I actually got everyone in my family and "pending's" family a gift this year and I still have gas money left over for the rest of this week, LMAO!! My Scrooge mentality subsided once I realized I would be able to complete everything that I wanted to get done in this month. I also realized that broke people are the only ones always yelling, "money isn't everything" but the truth is it damn sure gets the job done when you do have it. The thing about that, too, is Scrooge had money. That bitch was just selfish, which I am not. I was only frustrated because all I wanted was to just be in a position where I would be able to give. And although everyone didn't receive extravagent diamond bracelets or expensive perfumes, they were all gifts that a lot of thought was put into because it was shit that each person actually needed. LOL!! Get's no better than that, huh?
Once these next 2 days have passed, I'll began prepping for my daughter's birthday. She will be turning 4 and yes, it's 5 days after tomorrow. No expensive party. I think we are just going to get together at the bowling alley since she likes to bowl. I'll see if I can find an Angry Birds birthday cake somewhere (yes she is an angry bird fanatic), some ice cream and call it a day. This is the one child that is really not that hard to please. I pray she keeps her humbling spirit. In the process of planning for her, I'm rummaging through thoughts for my son's up and coming. I've been back and forth with about 2 or 3 things, not sure yet which one I will decide to go with. But I got about 2 months to think about it and get my shit together. I think I'm burned out on trying to throw birthday parties. And maybe that's because my apartment space doesn't allow me to. I'm sure once I find my house, I will be back at being the number 1 kid's birthday party planner, lol!
On to other news... the Devil tried to play me yesterday. I guess I have been smiling too much and glowing and shit because I've found some holiday spirit. It's actually a funny story, not so much but kind of. I was pulling out of my mother's drive way and turned my steering wheel, of course, to make a left on to the street. Well as I turned, I heard a pop up under my car. My thoughts? "What the hell did I just run over? What did that damn dog bring into my mom's yard now?" I kept going a little ways and looked in my rearview only to see that something was rolling in the street. Well, it wasn't my wheel obviously. But the little people in my brain told me to stop, back up and check out the scene. Out of respect for my conscience, I did so, inspected and was on some "WTF?!" type shit. Fast forward. I take a picture of it (as you can see in the picture above) and sent it to my mechanic who is also my mom's wonderful boyfriend, who immediately called me back and said, "what the hell are you doing with that and where did you get it?" I explained and he then told me that this was a frame bushing. In other words, for those who are unfamiliar with cars, it's a big ass bolt that keeps the frame of your car together. I could just picture me on the highway driving and my car coming a part, losing pieces here and there as I'm driving, until there is no car left. That's where things got unfunny. But I wasn't on the highway, hell I didn't even make it to the end of the road. I could have, but my little people were talking pretty loud. I'm glad I listened. I had my son, my daughter and my neice with me. It could have been devastating. As I get out the car and showed my mom the part, she goes, "that's what you call driving 'til the wheels fall off" LMAO!! Well guess what Devil, I'm still smiling... and driving. It's Christmas!!
Until next time bloggers...
Have a wonderful, awesomely joyfilled Merry Christmas along with a safe and Happy New Year! Try something adventurous and orgasm at the strike of 12, LOL!! What a way to start a new year! Kisses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so happy to hear you are in good spirits! Even when the devil tried to steal your joy you kept your spirits high. That's what it's all about.
I'll admit when I looked at that picture I had no idea what that was. After reading that it is the part that practically holds the car together, I'm just so glad God was protecting you and the children. I'm sure you'll get your car back up and running safely.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday and prepare yourself for an amazing new year!
Post a Comment