Now, when I did attend "FB meetings", I never counted on SM to portray some type of awesome image of what my life was like. I posted pictures of myself and those whom were near and dear to me. I believe that people read differently (of course) and normally for the most part, they take the picture posting as proving a point. MY point was these are the people I love. Didn't know I had to prove it. I wasn't trying to gain any cool points or show off the fact I felt that I had bragging rights. It's the internet! And most shit on the internet is always fun in addition to my long-distance friends and my family in DC who loved looking at pics of the kids and just swore up and down "pending" was the sexiest thing walking. LOL!! Which meant they liked looking at him, too. 2 years of FB and I got tired. I found that random people like to use this as a means to compare before's and after's. So if we disclude the fam portion of things and check in with the remaining audience, we have a green-eyed monster pool. We'll just call them slime.
I could say that "girl talk" is an easy influence. But we can't just single "girl talk" out. Honestly, any group conversation being had by a group of common-sense-having-individuals has some type of influence on the way you use to think, think now, or will think in the future. I'm not on FB, so I decided to go back and ask "pending" if he had any pictures of me on his FB page. He answered that he did. I wouldn't know. My snooping days after getting over my FB addiction subsided years ago. Of course he wanted to know where this random ass question came from. It really did just come out of nowhere. I didn't try to make this out to be one of those political discussions which I do (randomly) quite often with him. He then, in turn, asked me do I have pics of him on my blog. Somehow I tried to justify the non-posting, but I didn't see the difference in the 2. Even though I just simply asked to see what the answer would be, I'm not sure my appetite was fulfilled. I then thought to myself, "what does that mean?" Had he said no (just as I did), would I have felt some type of way? And even with him saying yes, what type of point am I trying to prove if any? I lost clear view for a second and came up with nothing. A bunch of pictures on a FB or a MySpace or a Twitter or a BlackPlanet (lol, yeah I took it back) or even a Blog doesn't PROVE anything. I was going to try to turn around and make this a justification as to how he loved me and things of that nature. LOL!! Pure bitch shit! But I couldn't do that either. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
All in all, to sum things up, if you don't hold SM accountable for justifying your ways of living, then why stress it to the next person? I have witnessed where someone is continuously posting what they are doing every single second of the day with a picture along side of it. Is this what we call being productive? And exactly how productive are you if you have time to proclaim your self-worth? Seems like self-esteem issues to me. My home is just that, MY home. And Petersburgh was right, "I don't care for those things. My life doesn't have to be in social media. Y state I am taken. Who suppose to know knows" And without all the excessive picture uploading of how "pending" and I got caught on camera kissing the other night, or how the kids were everso angelicly playing and getting along at the park the other day, life is pretty damn good. SM doesn't build your relationship or your living standards. These things start right where you stand.
![]() |
| I had to do it! 1 for the team. Meet "Pending" |
Until next time bloggers....



No comments:
Post a Comment