Friday, November 23, 2012

No Days Off


Soooo, yesterday I was going to shoot ya'll some hidden histories about Thanksgiving and even though I already know the story, I didn't feel like researching extra information #lazy Then I thought about saying some shit like, "Happy Thanksgiving" and put up a pretty picture of a turkey or something, but I didn't feel like doing that either. It just wasn't Sense So Common's style. All of this contemplating led me straight up to not writing a damn thing. I'm midway in to my 2nd year of writing on this blog and if you have been with me from the beginning of time, you would know that I'm not much of a "holiday spirit" so to speak. So I'm here (at work) on Black Friday (LMAO!!!.... yes I have to laugh about the crazies who spent the night in store parking lots last night) telling you guys about what happened to me yesterday and why my "holiday spirit" tends to roam.


I never make plans to cook because I'm always working. The question for the week when passing by strangers as you're walking through the stores or on the street is, "what you cooking for Turkey Day", "gotta a lot of goodies on your menu for Thursday?" I would like to look at them and tell them to "quit being so damn nosey", "even if I was cooking, it ain't like you eating any of the shit". OK, so I'm a little bitchy when it comes to the holidays too, lol. So I guess if you are one of those jolly ol' people who just loves to spark convos with random strangers, you might want to think twice about your choice of words. Maybe we should just stick with "Happy Holidays" and call it a year.


I spent the first part of my Thanksgiving working until 3 p.m. My work schedule would be fine being as though, that's usually about the time my family eats anyway. We used to start at 1 in the afternoon, but people have jobs and shit BECAUSE not everyone gets the holidays off (like me). I probably would be in more of a better mood if the owners I work for weren't so fucking cheap and incorporated time and a half on my paycheck for ALL of the holidays that I work. But, whatever, that's the point of searching for another job. (ok I'm rambling) I had errands out the ass to run. Not to mention that my son was with me yesterday (at work), which is a bit of a headache. I know the reasons, first hand, why you shouldn't be aloud to take your kids to work, lol! Sometimes, it can be convenient, but it can also be a hemorrhoid on your ass. Anywho, he kept me good company (I guess) since I really didn't have shit to do at work, I just had to be there. I found out that fast food resturaunts aren't open on Thanksgiving (now how come I didn't know that, LOL) but Golden Corral is a place for all of the lazy ass, non-cooking people to go and eat. We did lunch take-out there, I wrapped up the rest of my work day, and we were out.


In the meantime of all this commotion of non-Thanksgiving-commotion, I hoped and prayed that no one would call me on this holiday to come get them out of jail. I felt pretty good about chillaxing for the rest of my day being as though I was slightly fatigued from drinking with my besties from the night before. After eating, my main goal was to pop me a Corona to subside the queezy in my stomach (I think it's an alcoholic remedy or something, you kill hangovers with more alcohol *shrugs* it works, lol) After making my stops, I reached the family's house a little after 4 which was still great timing. Everyone had already eaten and it was time to get loaded with more alcohol. It seems as though my family's new hobby is jello shots LLS!!! And yes!! This shit is funnnn-nnnnyyyy! I sit down to eat, I get full, taste-test about 2 or 3 of these shots and pop my Corona. As soon as my top tapped the counter top, my phone rings. I know when work is calling because random numbers don't just call my phone. I started not to answer but being as though I knew this was "money" ringing my phone, I broke down and clicked the talk button. Let's just say the next 3 hours after that was spent wasting time on retarded people who didn't have a pin number to their own debit card (or so they say) smh, Yes! Exactly! I know what you're thinking. lol!


Overall, I enjoyed the bits and pieces of blessings received. I actually got a chance to stop by everyone's house whom were near and dear to me (only 3) But I usually don't get a chance to make visitations as such. Even though I missed my money because I was dealing with some real retards, I know there will be plenty more criminals cutting a fool around these holidays. So I'm not worried. The joys of "no days off", huh?

Well here's to you fellow bloggers, until next time... Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Wow! Now that's what you call and adventurous holiday. I'm just glad you're in good spirits and staying blessed!

Candi said...

Lol! Indeed it was.

You have to stay in good spirits or else your whole world will seem like it's crumbling.

Thanks for stopping by J