Tuesday, November 13, 2012
A Gamer's Superbowl: Call of Duty Came Out Last Night
HA HA!! I'm quite sure every woman in this world who has a significant other is probably about to be mad all to pieces with me. I did the unthinkable, as I usually do for "pending's" birthday almost every year. Since Call of Duty always come out on or around his birthday and being that this is one of his most favoritest things in the whole-wide world, I went and pre-ordered the game (11/12) so that he would be able to pick it up as soon as it hit the stores which was 12 midnight. I called and told him that I got him the game and he was ecstatic. Think of the kids at Christmas... got the vision? Yea. Asking questions such as, "you bought it?", "it's already paid for?", "you sure you went and got it?" I admit, I have never pre-ordered any type of game. Even though I have purchased this game maybe 3 times since we have been together, it was always well after the commotion died down.
Soooooo, apparently (assuming all of you Call of Duty heads will know the excitement in what I'm about to explain) when you pre-order the game from GameStop, you get something call the Nuketown Double XP, 2025 bonus map and whatever the hell this XP shit is will be launched over the weekend, 16th through the 18th. You also get a season pass for 4 epic DLC map packs with $10 off some other shit they have going on. I have no idea what any of this shit is, thus explains my explanation of what is featured with this game. To be honest, I could be explaining it all wrong. The fun didn't stop there because as I was standing in line listening to the cashier rave about this game and how they had over 800 pre-orders for that night already, and they were expecting at least 1000 people to be at the store lining up at closing time (9 p.m) for the re-open at 12, I drifted off to the shelves behind him and noticed some other things that caught my attention...
They were headsets and I began thinking about the headsets "pending" already had. It reminded me of those favorite pair of tennis shoes a little kid has, refusing to throw them away and believing they have magic powers and makes him jump higher, LOL!! Yes, seriously! Anyway, I wanted to add something else so that the obvious gift (the game) wouldn't seem so obvious since it wasn't much of a surprise anyway knowing that I had already bought the game for his birthday (every year). So as I drift off to the shelves behind the cashier, I asked him about these headsets. Who knew that "Turtle Beach" was so popular? The cashier was awesome!! He explained everything with much excitement as if someone was purchasing these items for him. The store was packed and he still took his time with explaining to the gaming illiterate people (which would be me) how this shit works. These "Turtle Beaches" apparently allow you to hear the enemy footsteps coming up behind you, or the click of a weapon loading in the distance. You can hear yourself in the headset which eliminates the yelling at the TV (or seemingly, lol) These headsets contain 50 mm speakers (whatever the hell that means)and the sound is crystal-clear. Although I'm sure he would have loved the ones with the COD logo on it, I refused to pay 30 extra dollars for a friggin' name, so I got the less expensive ones. Note that these little headsets can actually rise up to a whopping $300 (which I did not pay). These gamers have lost their damn minds!!
My day was stretched, I had so many errands to run and someone to bail out. Not thinking that I made such great purchases, I was a little bummed at the fact that he didn't want to go to dinner with me (which was going to be my first initial gift). I wasn't suprised though, because I have always known that "pending" don't really like doing things that are way too fancy. He probably already noted that by the time I paid for dinner, I would have kicked out the same amount of money for the game. And that would have been correct. LOL!! I unloaded my car and walked to my bedroom where I found him watching TV. I slid him the bag and said "here, I got you something else". There was no "waaaiitt for itt, waaiiittt for it", moment. I just simply turned to disburse all household products (I also had to shop for during my errand venture) accordingly, only to turn around and bump into this 6'3 brick wall (him) behind me, smiling and explaining to me how much his kill rate is going to go up. He couldn't believe I got him the "turtle beaches" and he has to get him a nap before heading out to the store tonight. Well he never got the nap and even without the game, he proceeded to hook the headsets up, LOL!! Looking back at me every so often to smile and say thank you.
Now, Call of Duty is known to be the breaker of all relationships. It is the homewrecking bitch that any woman would so happily be willingly and would never think twice about throwing out the window. It has even worked my nerves more times than 1 and I have seen the damage that it can do, LMAO!!! But I swear, the facial expressions and excitement in a grown man over something so simple (to me) is priceless. He stayed up until 3:30 a.m. playing this game and apparently him and his team has to "lock and load" this morning at or around 8ish. LMAO!! But I do want to thank "turtle beach" (THANK YOU) because I didn't hear any yelling last night or gun shots coming through the TV. I didn't wake up out of my sleep feeling like I was in the heart of a war, ducking and trying to bear-crawl out of my bed. Other than him fidgeting and moving here and there, I actually slept pretty good.
And now that I've gotten this birthday out of the way, it's time to prep Christmas for the kids. Too many big personalities and not enough space. I'm just going to pray about it, lol!
Until next time bloggers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment